On Hot Days - Buisness Or Resi Route?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
depends on the business

if you’re talking super-urban all vertical work, absolutely

if you mean normal suburb business :censored2:, nah it’s better to just take the resi and acclimatize yourself

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I hate walking into cool places and realizing how soaked my shirt is, having it cool down and then being uncomfortable. Rather be hot and stay in my own hot mess, only getting out of the heat when I need to.

I’d much rather UPS introduce AC or fans into their package cars like we all know is possible from a multi, multi billion dollar company. AC in the front and rig up a small fan for the rear when working in the back.

542thruNthru

I prefer my air conditioned office. Almost had to put a cardigan on last week

giphy-16.gif

KoennenTiger

I'd prefer resi since when you know the area they come off so fast. Or maybe one of them high density apartment routes where the guys bitch about how bad it is to fight for elevators in the air conditioning.

In any event the heat? The cold? C'est la vie.

And the desperate milfs? Don't :censored2: where you eat no busted up slot is worth my career. I can meet them online anyway

KoennenTiger

It was 71° here today. Didn't have my windbreaker, got a little chilly. Might get up to the 90's by the end of the week, maybe.

Dang sweet. It was well well over 100 today and I was brain dead halfway through. I can't drink enough water or eat enough salt, with Gatorade and v8 in between.

Doing indoor business stops I'd end up chatting just a wee bit longer than normal, just to stand under that sweet AC. One of these tech whiz's need to invent an under armor AC suit. I'd pay a pretty penny for one

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
As a cover driver, we often do 5 different routes per week. Sometimes they are business heavy with lots of air conditioned businesses with multiple floors and bulk. Sometimes the routes are 230 + residential stops and no air conditioned relief in sight. Personally, I find it excruciating to get comfortable delivering in a well air conditioned business and then walk out the front entrance to a wall of aweful heat and humidity. I do better when I’m just balance out in the heat the whole time and my body just gets use to it. No ups and downs. What is your preferences?
230 stops? Must be a really tight area. I do that at peak with a helper.

old levi's

blank space
For years we had a route that would not be dispatched with over 65 stops.
But you knew you would finish with 220-270 miles, and only one road in the county had a name.
Everything was route and box number, some stops 12 miles apart. Fun times

Rack em

Made the Podium
For years we had a route that would not be dispatched with over 65 stops.
But you knew you would finish with 220-270 miles, and only one road in the county had a name.
Everything was route and box number, some stops 12 miles apart. Fun times
Those are the best routes (in the summer)