On the verge of reporting my hub to the Department of Labor.

takesteady

The start time manipulation has gotten out out of control at my hub recently. I shouldn’t have to check UPSers on a daily basis to make sure I am getting paid for the time I have worked. The stewards at my hub are good people but they can’t possibly get a handle of a situation on this scale. I am particularly worried about rookies who have no idea how to check their time. I understand that start times are malleable , but it’s starting to feel purposeful and malicious. It’s theft plain and simple and the people intentionally perpetrating it should be prosecuted as such.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
File some grieveances, I did and they had to pay up last week!Best part was making my manager look like an idiot in front of the building manager.

takesteady

File some grieveances, I did and they had to pay up last week!Best part was making my manager look like an idiot in front of the building manager.
A lot of people have. Earlier this year, 10 sups including a center manager got walked out by security for shaving time. It stopped for a few months but things are ramping up again.

Swanson

A lot of people have. Earlier this year, 10 sups including a center manager got walked out by security for shaving time. It stopped for a few months but things are ramping up again.
I told the my unit manager in the meeting that he was lucky that I haven't reported him to wage and labor for doing the same thing.

takesteady

I told the my unit manager in the meeting that he was lucky that I haven't reported him to wage and labor for doing the same thing.
They know that newer employees either don’t know how to check their time or have the courage to confront them to fix it. It’s a racket and I really believe that someday it’s going to bite them in the ass

Swanson

Your right I see new hires whos start time is 5:45 working off the clock on a daily basis(I try to talk to them and tell them not to even get a scanner until they are on the clock but they keep doing it).I have also run into alot of people in my work area who accept time being shaved off their card,and are afraid to stand up for themselves.Doesn't ups get sued for this all the time?I know if I altered my time card I would be fired and probably arrested.

takesteady

Yea
Your right I see new hires whos start time is 5:45 working off the clock on a daily basis(I try to talk to them and tell them not to even get a scanner until they are on the clock but they keep doing it).I have also run into alot of people in my work area who accept time being shaved off their card,and are afraid to stand up for themselves.Doesn't ups get sued for this all the time?I know if I altered my time card I would be fired and probably arrested.
Yeah. A big part of the problem is that whatever timekeeping system they use allows any random Pt sup shmuck to alter our time card

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Best suggestion is to read up on scheduling in all or your contracts and run some situations past a steward or elected member to make sure you got it right. Then enforce whatever consistant scheduling the contract allows.

J.D. Hogg

The start time manipulation has gotten out out of control at my hub recently. I shouldn’t have to check UPSers on a daily basis to make sure I am getting paid for the time I have worked. The stewards at my hub are good people but they can’t possibly get a handle of a situation on this scale. I am particularly worried about rookies who have no idea how to check their time. I understand that start times are malleable , but it’s starting to feel purposeful and malicious. It’s theft plain and simple and the people intentionally perpetrating it should be prosecuted as such.
One day when I was punching in, I noticed that the start time on the computer screen said 4:30 a.m., but our actual start time was 4:00 a.m.

I immediately pointed out the discrepancy to our part-time supervisor, and he told me,
"Oh, I know it’s wrong. Every Friday, I have to enter an estimated start time into the time-card system for each workday for the upcoming work week. Then, when I find out the exact start time, I go back into the computer and change the estimated start times to the correct start times -- for every employee in the building."

I just stood there utterly shocked & speechless!

Since that day, I double check every start time on my time card on upsers.com.

Sneaky :censored2:ers.
:bigsmile2:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'll tell you what would shake things up, a class action lawsuit!

Too many managerial fingers in the time clock kitchen.

J.D. Hogg

This is a common end-of-peak-season occurrence in my building:

The supervisor keeps track of how many days each seasonal, peak Pre-loader has worked, and when the employees that the supervisor knows he isn't going to hire on permanently after peak have worked about 25 days, he starts having them hand write down their start/end times so that they don't punch into the computer 30 times -- because 30 days worked automatically qualifies someone to join the union -- and the time-card system alerts the union powers-that-be that a potential new employee exists.
So, the supervisor is essentially preventing peak employees that he doesn't like from joining the Teamsters.

This can't possibly be legal, can it?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why are you “on the verge”?
Grow a set and do it if this upsets you so

4evapreloader

My punch in time is incorrect. I go up the chain of command to get it corrected. THEY REFUSED TO DO IT, yet they were overly eager to do "adjustments". Obviously there is some incentive for the preload soups to fudge start times, no matter the possible consequences. My guess is corporate only monitors actual time clock start times and not "adjustments". You have to put your foot down really hard. It takes all of 30 seconds to put in the correct start time, if that. These clowns make is sound like it's rocket surgery to fix. It isn't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My punch in time is incorrect. I go up the chain of command to get it corrected. THEY REFUSED TO DO IT, yet they were overly eager to do "adjustments". Obviously there is some incentive for the preload soups to fudge start times, no matter the possible consequences. My guess is corporate only monitors actual time clock start times and not "adjustments". You have to put your foot down really hard. It takes all of 30 seconds to put in the correct start time, if that. These clowns make is sound like it's rocket surgery to fix. It isn't.
Call you state's AG office. Watch how fast errors stop. One thing UPS hates is having to answer.

Swanson

I wonder why do unit managers alter timecards,it's not like it's coming out of their pocket.Do they get bonuses for it or what?