Oops. New Drive Through Service?

over9five

Staff member
Wow, that story sure makes the company look bad. Hope the center manager gets some flack for this. He couldn't have called and said "sorry"?

DS

Fenderbender
It seems odd to me,it looks to me like brakes failing or accelerator sticking...
or a medical issue...chances are,we will never know the truth

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It seems odd to me,it looks to me like brakes failing or accelerator sticking...
or a medical issue...chances are,we will never know the truth

My first thought was also medical issue or mechanical failure. We will never know what actually happened. An apology, whether sincere or not, would have gone a long way.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Why would UPS say sorry, those people should not have built the house were we want to drive.
Glad no one got hurt.

UPS wont say sorry in an accident like this because that is admiting gulit.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why would UPS apologize for something that clearly was not their fault. They have no fault here. They didn't over-dispatch, over-manage, over-diad message him to near hysteria, over-paper him for going over 9.5. Clearly, they have no fault.:biting:

I, truly, hope the driver is o.k. Unlike UPS.

over9five

Staff member
Might not have happened if he was not still out delivering at 7:30 at night.
IMHO, you should be on your way home by then.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm pretty sure that all lawyers tell their clients, "Do not apologize for anything"........It can come back to bite you later as admitting guilt of some kind. As soon as a lawyer is involved, humanity exits. UPS is just doing what their legal team says to do.

You would do the same if you hit somebody in your personal car and your lawyer said, "Say nothing".

rod

Retired 22 years
If all that is in this newspaper artical is correct then all I can say is ---"to the UPS team that is dealing with the family and investigating this accident--you are truly POS and should be thrown out on the street". Even if there is another side of this story my gut feeling tells me to believe the familys story. It just sounds so much like how UPS deals with problems. You can show compassion without admitting guilt.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The News report also said there was another car that was side swiped and I think it also was in the house !! Maybe this car caused it all and the Brownie couldn't break free from it thus both going into the house !! I also doubt there are pkgs in the house,probalaly empty LTRS...JMOP

TUT

You would do the same if you hit somebody in your personal car and your lawyer said, "Say nothing".

That's why I don't have a lawyer and know I'm going to heaven when that time comes.

Typical Corporations, but perhaps even a bit lower then avg:

"He has been an experienced driver with UPS since 1991 and has 11 years of safe driving," said Susan Rosenberg, UPS Public Relations Manager. A UPS representative arrived on the scene after the accident. (They would say that if the driver was Evil Kenevil.)

Rosenberg said they made contact with the family -- something the family disputes. (Assuming they wouldn't be checked on that, oops)

The Unger's say they want the house repaired and are still waiting on an apology. (Please someone tell them to breathe in the meantime)

"Just one big mess. There's still UPS packages in the house. Last night, the UPS guy -- were just looking for witnesses. That's all [UPS] did. No 'thank you,' 'sorry'...we got nothing from them," said Jim Unger. (I wonder how those will track?)

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I have reviewed the posts and I agree with medical condition as the probable cause because driver was conveyed to hospital.

However, considering the reality TV mentality and everyone demanding their 15 minutes - what kind of story would the homeowner have if he said, "UPS contacted us and we are happy with the response?" or "I know (fill in the blank), he/she has been our driver for the past ten years....my daughter is worried about him/her...ya know, he/she always had a second to wave, tap the horn and smile."

The victim may just see UP$$.

And y'all know what is said about dirty laundry.

Recall and remember, we do live in a litigious society