Option Days??? Screwed over again.

ihateups

Hey everybody I've been working for Ups preload since May of 2008.(hired under the old contract)
I requested my two option days last week. They gave them to me. I get my paycheck this week only to find out that i was only paid for 3 days last week. I ask where is my option day pay, and management said I had none to begin with so now im broke and dont have enough for my car insurance yay.

My question is when do you get your option days so this never happens again. This will be the third time ive been screwed over in a year.
The first was when i turned someone in who was stealing computers and flat screens on a regular basis, I thought i would recieve a reward only to find out that because they did not prosecute him I recieve nothing not even a pat on the back.

The next was when I went from unloading down to preloading and then went back to unloading after a month or two they took the extra dollar an hour I was making away from me. There reasoning for this was that I had to sign a bid sheet. Well heres the thing there wasnt even a bid sheet for the spot in the first place.

Somebody help.

brownrodster

You get option new option days on your seniority date. for you that would be sometime in May. At the bottom of your pay stub it will say how many OPD hours you have available.

UPSSOCKS

I can't believe you didn't get paid for being a rat. We encourage that at UPS. If I was in LP I would of paid you out of my pocket.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Hey everybody I've been working for Ups preload since May of 2008.(hired under the old contract)
I requested my two option days last week. They gave them to me. I get my paycheck this week only to find out that i was only paid for 3 days last week. I ask where is my option day pay, and management said I had none to begin with so now im broke and dont have enough for my car insurance yay.

My question is when do you get your option days so this never happens again. This will be the third time ive been screwed over in a year.
The first was when i turned someone in who was stealing computers and flat screens on a regular basis, I thought i would recieve a reward only to find out that because they did not prosecute him I recieve nothing not even a pat on the back.

The next was when I went from unloading down to preloading and then went back to unloading after a month or two they took the extra dollar an hour I was making away from me. There reasoning for this was that I had to sign a bid sheet. Well heres the thing there wasnt even a bid sheet for the spot in the first place.

Somebody help.

You're kidding right?
You actually get paid if you identify someone stealing from the Company?
What made you think you'd get a reward?

raceanoncr

I'd also like to know what "old" contract you're talking about, since you've been working since May of 2008 and the CURRENT contract covers December, 2007 through July 31, 2013.

iowa boy

Not sure how your regional supplement is worded, but here in the central region you don't even get optional days until after you have reached your second anniversary with the company.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I'd also like to know what "old" contract you're talking about, since you've been working since May of 2008 and the CURRENT contract covers December, 2007 through July 31, 2013.

Ours says Aug 1 2008 to July 31 2013.

JonFrum

Ours says Aug 1 2008 to July 31 2013.
The Master Agreement and all regional Supplements were ratified and put into effect on Dec. 17, 2007.

The Master and most regional Supplements were actually approved a month earlier, but five Supplements were rejected and had to be renegotiated and revoted. All five finally passed on Dec. 17, 2007 and with that, the entire new Contract took effect and replaced the old Contract.

Locals 705 and 710 were not part of this process as they have their own Contracts.

UPSSOCKS

I know your menopause makes you crazy but, he is correct the current contract screwed guys like him. On their year anniversary they were awarded one sick and one personal. Payroll accidentally gave everyone two of each and then had to take them back. What's a hot flash feel like?

raceanoncr

I know your menopause makes you crazy but, he is correct the current contract screwed guys like him. On their year anniversary they were awarded one sick and one personal. Payroll accidentally gave everyone two of each and then had to take them back. What's a hot flash feel like?
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

raceanoncr

Let's try this again there, Mr. Brainiac. The question was, "Which 'old contract' are you talking about?"

He said he started under the "old contract" in May of 2008. This copy of the CURRENT, not OLD, contract says on the front, "For the Period: Beginning Upon Ratification thru July 31, 2013." On the inside cover, it clearly states: "For the Period December 19, 2007 thru July 31, 2013".

Now, back away from the Midol for a little bit. The current, CURRENT, National Master United Parcel Service Agreement, started in 2007 and is now in effect, until 2013. He, supposedly, didn't get hired until May of 2008. The question was, and still is, Einstein, "Which 'old contract' are you talking about?"

Geez, I wish I could draw pictures for geniuses like you.