OSHA Establishment Search UPS and United Parcel Service

Integrity

Binge Poster
Lol yes I’ve been through numerous it’s a dog and pony show and at the end UPS probably gets fined and we hear nothing about it and very little changes.
Were the inspections at your location come from formal OSHA complaints from employees?

How many is numerous?

I have only been through two.

One I initiated through a formal complaint and I was interviewed during one that was initiated by someone else in my building.

Thebrownblob

Were the inspections at your location come from formal OSHA complaints from employees?

How many is numerous?

I have only been through two.

One I initiated through a formal complaint and I was interviewed during one that was initiated by someone else in my building.
We had one every year for heat related issues including this year there’s one coming up because of the recent heat related issue. So I’m gonna say at least seven or eight. I do not believe these were employees complaints but osha comes and looks every time now we have someone go to the hospital for heat related injuries. And it’s been my experience that very little changes after they’re done.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We had one every year for heat related issues including this year there’s one coming up because of the recent heat related issue. So I’m gonna say at least seven or eight. I do not believe these were employees complaints but osha comes and looks every time now we have someone go to the hospital for heat related injuries.
Are these from complaints or just routine inspection visits?

Have there been citations in the past?

Thebrownblob

Are these from complaints or just routine inspection visits?

Have there been citations in the past?
I’m not exactly sure I believe it’s the number of heat related injuries from my building that causes them to investigate. We are a rather large hub with multiple centers.

Thebrownblob

And what changed?
Automotive is putting air-conditioning in our package cars and there is a mini fridge stocked with cold drinks.

1658836708715.gif