OSHA reminds employers COVID-19 is a recordable illness

Up In Smoke

The virus is recordable, but not a workers comp claimable event. Only if the company failed to follow safety guidelines specifically targeted for this outbreak and were negligent in their actions would anyone be able to file for lost wages. In simple terms, someone(s) becomes infected and the company fails to report and take the prescribed precautions, your employer would than be held responsible.

This is ridiculous. My center mngr told me we are going to be like the firefighters on 9/11. I told him those guys all died! I asked him if he is responsible for the lives of his employees. He said wash your hands.....this is clearly an unsafe work environment! Yet again no teamster leadership to stick up for us. I say :censored2: these guys! I love my customers but I’m not going to abandon my family to deliver toilet paper!.Upsers.com says stay home if your sick

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
F478B35C-68C1-423E-9FD4-8E56E6171861.gif
This is ridiculous. My center mngr told me we are going to be like the firefighters on 9/11. I told him those guys all died! I asked him if he is responsible for the lives of his employees. He said wash your hands.....this is clearly an unsafe work environment! Yet again no teamster leadership to stick up for us. I say :censored2: these guys! I love my customers but I’m not going to abandon my family to deliver toilet paper!.Upsers.com says stay home if your sick

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
You never stopped anywhere to and from work? Gas station,etc.? If you could prove you didn't I suppose you'd have a good case.

If someone at work that you were in close proximity to, whether in your building or on your route, had it, and you ended up getting it shortly thereafter, your chances are good to have it covered under comp.