Out of hours before my scheduled last day of the week.

Hey all. I’m a Tuesday through Saturday full time driver. They asked me to come in on Monday to help out which I did, on Friday I’ll run out of hours at 3:30. What does this mean for my Saturday? I’m on the schedule for Saturday. So if I report to work and technically have like 15 minutes available (as they keep a buffer so you don’t accidentally go over). I could just go code 6 and get My guaranteed hours for showing up If I want to work the system and maximize my paycheck.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all. I’m a Tuesday through Saturday full time driver. They asked me to come in on Monday to help out which I did, on Friday I’ll run out of hours at 3:30. What does this mean for my Saturday? I’m on the schedule for Saturday. So if I report to work and technically have like 15 minutes available (as they keep a buffer so you don’t accidentally go over). I could just go code 6 and get My guaranteed hours for showing up If I want to work the system and maximize my paycheck.

Tell your boss and let him figure it out

No 70 hour rule there?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I was Tuesday to Saturday as well, and recall on several occasions being paired with a driver and either working as his helper after driving him to the route, or in one case dropping off an RPCD by his route which was a mall van. Both had run out of hours. Keep in mind this is Manhattan so we never really drove more than 20 to 30 minutes per day; everything was walked off and an entire route could consist of 2 blocks.

PACNW

I have gotten to Friday with less than 7 hours available 3 times in the last 3 months. Got my 8 hour guarantee each time.

I was Tuesday to Saturday as well, and recall on several occasions being paired with a driver and either working as his helper after driving him to the route, or in one case dropping off an RPCD by his route which was a mall van. Both had run out of hours. Keep in mind this is Manhattan so we never really drove more than 20 to 30 minutes per day; everything was walked off and an entire route could consist of 2 blocks.
But the question is here ,can they force you over 60?
The contract says anything over 60 is voluntary

shalang

Are you counting your lunches as going towards your weekly total? If so, don't. UPS will usually count it but technically they dont have to.

Are you counting your lunches as going towards your weekly total? If so, don't. UPS will usually count it but technically they dont have to.
I don’t count non-paid time.

Well I wound up getting off at 1:30 today (code 6) because my truck was empty enough that I decided put everything in perfect shelf order before I left the building to hammer it out as quick as possible. So I guess I’m also bonusing on this check. But this means I actually have a little over two hours for tomorrow available.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t count non-paid time.

Well I wound up getting off at 1:30 today (code 6) because my truck was empty enough that I decided put everything in perfect shelf order before I left the building to hammer it out as quick as possible. So I guess I’m also bonusing on this check. But this means I actually have a little over two hours for tomorrow available.
:censored2:ing runner gunner

Keep it up for 10 years then you’ll have nothing to worry about except the double knee surgery
I love how I literally do this one time an you guys have me pegged. I’m a 14 year driver who’s usually overallowed 2.5 hours. And I see and opportunity (prob the only time I’ll have the chance) to game the system and I’m a runner gunner. I used the methods (as I always do) and had a 1/2 empty truck that was in perfect order with no air. I didn’t run, I NEVER run, I NEVER use the drivers side door. I however did keep a brisk pace the entire 4 hours I was on road, instead of my traditional dgaf walking pace. Final result: 60.00 hours worked over 6 days, 9.48 guarantee pay, and 1.11 bonus.

DriverNerd

I love how I literally do this one time an you guys have me pegged. I’m a 14 year driver who’s usually overallowed 2.5 hours. And I see and opportunity (prob the only time I’ll have the chance) to game the system and I’m a runner gunner. I used the methods (as I always do) and had a 1/2 empty truck that was in perfect order with no air. I didn’t run, I NEVER run, I NEVER use the drivers side door. I however did keep a brisk pace the entire 4 hours I was on road, instead of my traditional dgaf walking pace. Final result: 60.00 hours worked over 6 days, 9.48 guarantee pay, and 1.11 bonus.

Runner gunners always have excuses.

That was a joke.

You're a 14-year driver who doesn't know how hours of service work? Neat.