Outta Here for a couple weeks....

trickpony1

Just to let everyone know, I got a call tonight, and my husband was wounded, he killed the insurgent, and it was only a slight wound, but he was shot in the shoulder, and will remain after treatment overseas for the next three or so weeks. So his time overseas will reach close to Christmas while he recuperates. I am waiting for his call right now, since he told his CO he would call, they lost one of their unit, and I can't imagine what he has to say

"....he killed the insurgent...."
GOOD! have him kill one for each of us:thumbup1:

".....and will remain after treatment overseas for the next three or so weeks."
I would think they would get him to more friendly ground such as germany or, at least, a hospital ship.

Please keep us updated. Tell him the Brown Cafe wishes him a Happy Thanksgiving and our prayers are with him!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
hope is all with husband ,his service is applauded here glad to here he killed the bastard who shot him try to have a nice thanksgiving ,give thanks you still got him

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I can't even imagine how terrifying an experience like that would be. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Happy Thanksgiving!

browniehound

rngriswife: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and please send my greatest thanks along to your husband for risking his life to defend this great country of ours. It really puts in perspective the trivial matters of UPS and how many men have died over the years to allows to work for a great company like UPS

p1000

Free at Last
Just to let everyone know, I got a call tonight, and my husband was wounded, he killed the insurgent, and it was only a slight wound, but he was shot in the shoulder, and will remain after treatment overseas for the next three or so weeks. So his time overseas will reach close to Christmas while he recuperates. I am waiting for his call right now, since he told his CO he would call, they lost one of their unit, and I can't imagine what he has to say

God bless rngri4 and his family.

Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband is doing good, the initial prognosis was actually much worse than the wound turned out being. I talked to him last night, and he is still bandaged up but feeling good. He has been reassigned as a pay officer for his division for the next week or so, then will spend an additional week if he is released by the MD's to lead a weak of patrols and then come home. The funny thing is I don't know who he misses more, me, or our baby...lol. Some of the guys at his UPS Center sent him a nice care package which he received yesterday and was very thankful for. He also said to tell everyone that he hopes that they had a good thanksgiving!

rngri4

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing good here in Iraq. This is the first time I have had access to the internet other than email for a couple weeks now, and I probably won't have it again for a while. My shoulder is healing, and I should be back out on patrol before weeks end hopefully, I hate being cooped up, and I can't sleep as well, considering it is almost 0500 here right now, and I haven't slept yet. Anyway, just wanted to tell everyone I was ok, and am looking forward to coming home in two weeks, I am looking at what we lovingly call our John Kerry award (purple heart) right now, and just laughing, because it is my 3rd, be safe on the road folks, and we will keep you safe overhere tonight