Packages are taking 20% longer to deliver than last year

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Packages are taking 20% longer to deliver than last year - Marketwatch

More free shipping, more packages per order this holiday season

Attention online shoppers: Don’t wait until the last minute to do your holiday shopping this year.

It took an average of nearly seven days, or 20% longer than last year, for orders placed Cyber Monday to arrive, according to a study by retail consultancy Kurt Salmon. And more packages are being shipped — an estimated 2.6 per order.

oldngray

nowhere special
Retailers offering free shipping are tending to choose slower and cheaper methods of shipping, contributing to the longer shipping times, said Steve Osburn, who advises retailers on supply chain issues for Kurt Salmon.

Of course that wouldn't be a good clickbait headline.

Plus it didn't even address the time it took retailers to ship packages which is beyond the control of carriers. I have noticed Amazon takes a lot longer to get orders processed than they used to.

Packmule

Well we were caught up here. Now a big snow storm comes in tonight through Wednesday morning. Guess the grinch just stole Christmas!

10 point

I just delivered an Amazon shipped pkg today that the tracking info showed wasn't going to be in our center until Wednesday.

I think we're doing very well... here anyway.

Screw their negative propaganda. The media is rarely happy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I just delivered an Amazon shipped pkg today that the tracking info showed wasn't going to be in our center until Wednesday.

I think we're doing very well... here anyway.

Screw their negative propaganda. The media is rarely happy.
Yep. Maybe the 20% longer is an increase in surepost.

10 point

I just happened to notice the date on the package.
Backordered.

The 20% doesn't even show if it's the back ordered volume from depleted supplies that just got shipped out to the customer thus part of the "freak out" situation.

Part of our bad press in the past was that the shipper didn't stock or arrange stock availability in time for the peak blitz.

It's always "kill the messenger". To bad DHL (Day & a Half Late) isn't around to take their medicine with us and the friend company.

Backordered.

The 20% doesn't even show if it's the back ordered volume from depleted supplies that just got shipped out to the customer thus part of the "freak out" situation.

Part of our bad press in the past was that the shipper didn't stock or arrange stock availability in time for the peak blitz.

It's always "kill the messenger". To bad DHL (Day & a Half Late) isn't around to take their medicine with us and the friend company.
I've seen a few of them out and about