Part Time pay question after contract

mikejonesjr

Ive been currently working preload for a few years so I get the "skilled pay" extra dollar or whatever. After this contract goes through can I switch over to the evening shift without losing that skilled dollar?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ive been currently working preload for a few years so I get the "skilled pay" extra dollar or whatever. After this contract goes through can I switch over to the evening shift without losing that skilled dollar?
Sometimes you can get grandfathered in but if your not doing the same job they will take it away. The skilled dollar was supposed to have been taking away while ago anyways

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Here everyone is "skilled" lol
The new contract includes the dollar. no more skill-er I mean no more unskilled positions.
Just another concession to wrap your head around.

Days

The new contract includes the dollar. no more skill-er I mean no more unskilled positions.

It can be a concession or it could not be. If they’re no longer paying extra for skilled positions than there’s no reason to remain skilled. Seems like a mistake tbh on the conpany’s part because they’re going to get a lot of people who don’t want to do these positions and it’ll hurt productivity

Jkloc420

no they used to give you an extra dollar if you loaded package cars. I have it and was grandfather in with it

Boston25

Under the new tentative agreement there will only be one pay scale for part timers. Eliminating unskilled and skilled pay.

mikejonesjr

It can be a concession or it could not be. If they’re no longer paying extra for skilled positions than there’s no reason to remain skilled. Seems like a mistake tbh on the conpany’s part because they’re going to get a lot of people who don’t want to do these positions and it’ll hurt productivity
Ya I'm definitely switching from preload once this passes as long as I keep the same pay doing another shift. Do I want to wake up at 3 am to load 4 trucks if I can make the same rate working evenings unloading (I think that's what twilight does) No thanks

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Local president told me as long as you stay you keep the pay. If you move to a position that does not have it you lose it.

You can only lose the dollar now you can never gain it.

Jkloc420

Ya I'm definitely switching from preload once this passes as long as I keep the same pay doing another shift. Do I want to wake up at 3 am to load 4 trucks if I can make the same rate working evenings unloading (I think that's what twilight does) No thanks
if you are going to be unloading you will lose it when they change your status in the computer

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Local president told me as long as you stay you keep the pay. If you move to a position that does not have it you lose it.

You can only lose the dollar now you can never gain it.
Ah ok.
I guess most people including me already "lost" the dollar with the $15 minimum wage increase. If your wage was $12 + 1 for example, you would be bumped to $15 and the dollar bonus dissapeared.
This also means we skipped progression and earn the gwi instantly.

Days

Ah ok.
I guess most people including me already "lost" the dollar with the $15 minimum wage increase. If your wage was $12 + 1 for example, you would be bumped to $15 and the dollar bonus dissapeared.

What does that mean. I’m in the same boat

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What does that mean. I’m in the same boat
The dollar is not technically lost. I would think of it in terms of your contractual wage and the wage provided to you by the company. They are not required to provide the dollar bonus since the wage provided exceeds the contractual wage with the dollar included.
The company and union also agreed to provide GWI according to the employees's extra-contractual wage.
I think this math is correct
1-6 years: garbage -> $15.70/$15.70
7 years: $13.97/$14.97 -> $15.70/$15.70
8 years: $14.77/$15.77 -> $15.70/$16.47
9 years: $15.77/$16.77 -> $16.47/$17.47

So for the purpose of calculating actual wage, you must have worked 8 years to have your sort bonus reflect above and beyond the company minimum wage increase.

This does not include wage increases provided by your local rider so it could be less than 8.

Days

The dollar is not technically lost. I would think of it in terms of your contractual wage and the wage provided to you by the company. They are not required to provide the dollar bonus since the wage provided exceeds the contractual wage with the dollar included.
The company and union also agreed to provide GWI according to the employees's extra-contractual wage.
I think this math is correct
1-6 years: garbage -> $15.70/$15.70
7 years: $13.97/$14.97 -> $15.70/$15.70
8 years: $14.77/$15.77 -> $15.70/$16.47
9 years: $15.77/$16.77 -> $16.47/$17.47

So for the purpose of calculating actual wage, you must have worked 8 years to have your sort bonus reflect above and beyond the company minimum wage increase.

This does not include wage increases provided by your local rider so it could be less than 8.

Sounds good to me. I fall under the first category. Can’t wait for that retro check.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Ah ok.

I make 30 an hour preload if I move I lose the dollar and can never get it back even if returning to preload.

Not all preload lost the dollar with PAL. That is no where in contract. I do not think you will find the word skilled anywhere in the book.