part-time supervisor interview

chonky

I was just wondering if anybody can help me? Im wondering what kind of questions they ask in the interview and what are they usually looking for to fill these positions. Im interested in a part time sup position. on my application it asks for any relatives that work there, i have a step cousin . She is a full time sup that works at the same hub. would they not consider me because of that.

HazMatMan

Is a step cousin an official relative?? I would leave her off your application dude, but please find out from others, before taking my advice...

raceanoncr

Is a step cousin an official relative?? I would leave her off your application dude, but please find out from others, before taking my advice...

Oh, man! Don't leave off application! You have to be BRUTALLY honest, whether it gets you where you wanna go or not! You wanna be left OUT of a position or maybe fired from a position for not being honest?
Put it on there and hope for the best. At least your conscience will be clear, or will it?

Channahon

Chonky, take Raceanoncr's advice and do not falsify any information on your application. As far as your step cousin, not sure how that will come into play. I do think UPS should be aware of the situation up front, than finding out later, as that could be considered an integrity issue.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think a step cousin is a little far to be worried about. I worked with a guy I didnt even know was my cousin. Until we were both talking about our Uncle Al, and found out it was the same Al. I think they mean immediate family.

disneyworld

I think a step cousin is a little far to be worried about. I worked with a guy I didnt even know was my cousin. Until we were both talking about our Uncle Al, and found out it was the same Al. I think they mean immediate family.
I thought they did away with the family rule?

DS

Fenderbender
We had a driver here about 3 years ago that was dating a girl in management at our center.It was fine until they decided to
get married.At that point ups told them one of them had to go.The driver now drives a bus for the city.
I agree with raceanoncr...be honest,I really doubt they will hold you back although they may want you to work in a different center.
btw...the driver is much happier now,and making more money
than we do.He picks up and delivers a lot less packages now,
but sometimes they talk back to him.:biggrin:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Funny...I was going to put in for management just today. That is, until HR asked about family working for the company and more specifically if any were in management. My answer was yes. The process ground to an immediate halt. I'd say its best to mention the step-cousin, just to be on the safe side. -Rocky

canon

The driver now drives a bus for the city.

He picks up and delivers a lot less packages now,
but sometimes they talk back to him.:biggrin:
I'm not sure if I'd want my packages talking back to me... but it sure would be nice if they got up and walked off on their own! :lol:

Chonky, your step cousin is only a divorce away from no longer being "related" to you. Don't leave that info off. I can't imagine that would be a deal breaker, but if it is you want to know about it before you're in a position to no longer have a job. If they decline because of it, you're still employed at this point.

Then you can start trying to get your step cousin fired! Mmmwuaahahahah<evil laugh>hahahaahaha! Just kidding, that would be unethical.

tieguy

Banned
I was just wondering if anybody can help me? Im wondering what kind of questions they ask in the interview and what are they usually looking for to fill these positions. Im interested in a part time sup position. on my application it asks for any relatives that work there, i have a step cousin . She is a full time sup that works at the same hub. would they not consider me because of that.

In the case of a blood cousin you should be very honest. In this case do you really consider a step cousin a relative? If not leave her off the application. If you leave her off then your answer should you ever be asked about her is there is no blood relationship therefore I definitely do not consider her a relative.

HazMatMan

In the case of a blood cousin you should be very honest. In this case do you really consider a step cousin a relative? If not leave her off the application. If you leave her off then your answer should you ever be asked about her is there is no blood relationship therefore I definitely do not consider her a relative.

I agree, they ask you if you have relatives (blood relatives) working for UPS. Not putting a step cousin on your application is not falsifying documents.. Besides, you could marry your step cousin. (A little weird, but it could happen)

pkgman

I would list them if it ask about family. I do no believe that it does.

On the application it ask about any and all convictions for felonies. Recently an multi-year employee was let go for falsfying company records for not reporting a felony conviction that was expunged from his record before applying. Under normal circumstances, this conviction would not show under any background check for most Americans. Unfortunately for this employee, the company can now use the TSA database which any and all convictions regardless legal status.

HazMatMan

Oh, man! Don't leave off application! You have to be BRUTALLY honest, whether it gets you where you wanna go or not! You wanna be left OUT of a position or maybe fired from a position for not being honest?
Put it on there and hope for the best. At least your conscience will be clear, or will it?

Leaving a step cousin off the application does not mean you are not being brutally honest. Leaving out the fact you have a felony record does constitute brutal dishonesty.. But hey if you want to include your step cousin on the application then by all means i'm sure it can't hurt any.

SmithBarney

Why don't you just ask for a definition of "relative" while filing out the form.
not only will you get the correct answer, if you find that its not allowed, at least you can just stop filling it out right then and there.

C

Can't Log in

The definition of a relative for purposes of getting into mgmt include just about every type of relative except Cousin, so your step cousin would not exclude you from mgmt.....a step brother, step sister, step mother, step father would though, so it is not soley limited to blood relatives.