PAS screwing up customers with multiple locations

AKCoverMan

Any of you know of a solution to this issue?

ABC Company has main office at 1301 Industrial Road but has some departments down the road a few blocks at 1621 Industrial Road. And a vehicle shop at 1701 Industrial Road. PAS will routinely flip packages from the correct address on the shipping label to one of the other addresses.

Fortunately they are all close by but still a pain in the butt. I get it, the program reads the "ABC Company" and thinks it's doing us a favor by "correcting" the address. Isn't there some way to tell PAS to knock it off and just let packages for this company just go to whichever building is on the shipping label?

liferoots

The reason it flips is because the system will only allow one company name per zip code. Ask the dispatcher to remove your company name from the one address. That way when it comes in at the different address' it will go there. The way it works is, it hits company name first and then the address. If UPS doesn't save the company name to one specific address, it will hit on the address next.

ABC Company has main office at 1301 Industrial Road but has some departments down the road a few blocks at 1621 Industrial Road. And a vehicle shop at 1701 Industrial Road. PAS will routinely flip packages from the correct address on the shipping label to one of the other addresses.

Fortunately they are all close by but still a pain in the butt. I get it, the program reads the "ABC Company" and thinks it's doing us a favor by "correcting" the address. Isn't there some way to tell PAS to knock it off and just let packages for this company just go to whichever building is on the shipping label?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I've been trying to get PAS corrected on my route ever since we got it. Still has my bulk stops assigned to shelves instead of the floor.

liferoots

The dispatcher has to put your bulk stops on the floor in the DPS plan. That's their job. You tell them where. They single point that one address and then go into DPS plans and assign it to the floor spot. It's not a PAS issue, its a dispatch issue.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
I have been a PDS for about 4 years now. The first issue to correct can be done in AMS. Because of the same names it will flip to the one address. Need to take the consignee out of AMS and see how that works. As for the bulk stops it is your PDS being a lazy POS. That is no more than a 10 minute fix for all of the base plans.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been trying to get PAS corrected on my route ever since we got it. Still has my bulk stops assigned to shelves instead of the floor.
Is your loader illiterate? One of my trucks is the same way....floor bulk stops assigned to shelves. And bulk stops assigned to floor that belong in RDR...not Floor 1. So I read addresses and move stops accordingly...based on where the driver wants them. He'll be crazed this week cause I'm not there...lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Is your loader illiterate? One of my trucks is the same way....floor bulk stops assigned to shelves. And bulk stops assigned to floor that belong in RDR...not Floor 1. So I read addresses and move stops accordingly...based on where the driver wants them. He'll be crazed this week cause I'm not there...lol
You know my loader. If she gets it in the right truck that's a plus let alone keeping a bulk stop together on the floor.

AKCoverMan

I have been a PDS for about 4 years now. The first issue to correct can be done in AMS. Because of the same names it will flip to the one address. Need to take the consignee out of AMS and see how that works. As for the bulk stops it is your PDS being a lazy POS. That is no more than a 10 minute fix for all of the base plans.

Thanks. What is AMS?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You know my loader. If she gets it in the right truck that's a plus let alone keeping a bulk stop together on the floor.
It just frees up shelf space and makes good sense. They hang up load charts with 85 pieces PAL'd to the 2000 shelf....yeaaah that's gonna fit!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's due to consignee lists. One route I ran had a couple medical buildings next to each other and a few of the practices actually swapped offices with each other so it would PAL to the wrong address. Fortunately the buildings are right next to each other so if I forgot to check the label on the package before delivering one of the buildings I wasn't going far to deliver it.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Man, oh man...

You aren't really screwing customers 'till you're maintaining an 85% ORION trace.

brostalss

I have a similar situation. A School District. Main, transportation warehouse and maintenance buildings. Three different addresses. All billing goes to Main address but it should to another. I think that might be the employees at the school district too. Once had PAS Label for maintenance, 1Z label for transportation and the invoice had main address on it. I'm glad they work with me on this problem.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have a similar situation. A School District. Main, transportation warehouse and maintenance buildings. Three different addresses. All billing goes to Main address but it should to another. I think that might be the employees at the school district too. Once had PAS Label for maintenance, 1Z label for transportation and the invoice had main address on it. I'm glad they work with me on this problem.

I had the same problem. A company with multiple addresses and UPS would constantly try to PAL it to the bill to instead of ship to address. The correct address would be on the package but UPS computer would have it wrong in its system.

Indecisi0n

If I get packages with bad address and know the good addres I no longer take that package and deliver it. That package goes back to the clerk and gets corrected then sent back out. I do this so it gets fixed in the system.