Peak 2015

Purplepackage

What a good time....so far the freight projections are so far off. Who hires the engineers? Don't forget service matters

The problem is they don't want to project to high and have Lower volume.

So they projected a safe number and then we get blown out and they act like its a surprise

dex 84

It's better to understaff just in case. That way the worst case scenario we only screw the employees and the customers but we don't waste too many hours.

Purplepackage

It's better to understaff just in case. That way the worst case scenario we only screw the employees and the customers but we don't waste too many hours.

Who cares about the customer? They will be telling us to straight line starting next Monday lol

And according to the engineers we aren't supposed to be busy this week

dex 84

"You have an extra hour" regardless after 10:30 they get it for free so that's purely for bull:censored2: numbers

Even worse if it's an AM area so they want you to run straight p1 until 1pm just to not take lates on packages that are, in fact, already late. Good luck getting the rest of your :censored2: done if you don't start your p2 until after 1...

Purplepackage

Even worse if it's an AM area so they want you to run straight p1 until 1pm just to not take lates on packages that are, in fact, already late. Good luck getting the rest of your :censored2: done if you don't start your p2 until after 1...

Well that is something I will not do, almost every route I cover is a noon committ. I will make sure I don't have lates but I will never run pure p1 it's almost impossible

In an am area it's fair game

Purplepackage

Why can't this company project volume?

Waited in line to get in the building tonight at 6:30 even overflow routes are blown out and getting 11 hour days

McFeely

Huge Member
...and today I get a message to show up for the morning sort 30 minutes early. Guess all planes are on time, but they scheduled everybody in my station 30 minutes late anticipating late freight.

Oh and we just sent off 4 couriers to courier school this week. THIS. WEEK.

Serf

2014 Peak not enough trailers to get to major bulk pickup customers.
2015 Peak enough trailers, not enough RTD's to get to major bulk pickup customers.
Watching my manager sweat bullets as we run 22 skids of freight thru the PM sort and blow out every AMJ can and shuttle, then cause a plane delay. High five people.

dezguy

Anyone else have their CSRs promising customers scheduled reattempts? 4 of the past 5 days I have gotten a DEX 08 from the day before with a note written on it saying customer wants delivery after x time. When did Express become HD?

Luckily for 3 people, I have been able to accommodate them but one person, who wanted to be the last stop of the day, on the total opposite side of town was SOL.

Why don't the CSRs tell people to just sign the damn door knocker I left the day before?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Anyone else have their CSRs promising customers scheduled reattempts? 4 of the past 5 days I have gotten a DEX 08 from the day before with a note written on it saying customer wants delivery after x time. When did Express become HD?

Luckily for 3 people, I have been able to accommodate them but one person, who wanted to be the last stop of the day, on the total opposite side of town was SOL.

Why don't the CSRs tell people to just sign the damn door knocker I left the day before?
Why can't they inform the customer of Electronic Signature Release??? And by the way, Appointment Delivery is a service that Express SELLS, shouldn't be providing it for free.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I laugh and tell them I'll get there when I get there.

fedex_rtd

2015 Peak enough trailers, not enough RTD's to get to major bulk pickup customers.
Watching my manager sweat bullets as we run 22 skids of freight thru the PM sort and blow out every AMJ can and shuttle, then cause a plane delay. High five people.
Got the trailers and rental tractors, but not enough RTD's to operate them. We hired temp class A drivers for the month of Dec.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They can't project volume but 5 months ago they were telling us that our flights would be 2hrs late each day of peak... seems like 5 months is enough time to figure out how to not make the flights late...

Got the trailers and rental tractors, but not enough RTD's to operate them. We hired temp class A drivers for the month of Dec.
Fred & co. are too intoxicated with Wall Street these days to give a damn about anything else and it shows. Real sad.