Peak Fail 2.0 Has Made Headlines

35years

Gravy route
The fact that the delays have not made headlines is more concerning. It might indicate that UPS is now expected to fail when it comes to on-time delivery during peak.

Personally I think it is immoral that the decision makers at the top decided to "cut costs" at the expense of rank and file UPSers this year just for higher margins. Part timers, drivers and supervisors/center managers included. My children deserve to see their father each night!

Profits before people. 3 Billion isn't enough profit. Lets work them 60 hours.

jaker

trolling
The fact that the delays have not made headlines is more concerning. It might indicate that UPS is now expected to fail when it comes to on-time delivery during peak.

Personally I think it is immoral that the decision makers at the top decided to "cut costs" at the expense of rank and file UPSers this year just for higher margins. Part timers, drivers and supervisors/center managers included. My children deserve to see their father each night!

Sorry but I couldn't help but laugh , the people up above are already home they don't have to worry about not seeing their families

oldupsman

Well, nothing is going to change now. With only 11 days left, yes maybe 12, they're going to try and muddle through.
Max out everybody's hours and go for it. Especially with the weather being so nice across much of the country.
I was told by an old manager friend who is back for peak this year that they felt they over hired last year and it was
not "cost effective". Rather take a chance on a little bad press for a short time than spend too much money.

Jabbawock

X35PKG/HR
In my hub, we hired a lot of new drivers. About five right off of the streets too. So far just this year alone, we have about 15 new drivers in my center alone. However; Since Monday, Dec. 7, we have been doing 200k volume and it was not enough. Thousands of packages gets rolled everyday. Everyone has to chip in. Managers/Supervisors/FT/PT, makes no difference. We even had to get a bus to pick up helpers 100 miles away. FT/PT Sups, Mgrs and FT/PT drivers from all over the state have arrived to help as well. Even the Division Manager is present everyday.

I have worked 14-15 hours everyday, and even Saturday too. Have worked 72 hours last week. In addition, I have heard that Xmas and New Years week, we may even work on Sundays.

I hope that its not this BAD wherever you mates are located.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Easiest day I've had all peak. Might be off before 4.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They used one person not getting their signature required package for the while article?

That's the news???

The media is going to say we failed whether we do or not. They aren't going to report anything positive. It doesn't sell.

Faceplanted

This has been going on all across the us. It's not just one customer. We were backed up 40 or so trailers at one point at my hub. She just happens to be one customer who called the news after getting the run around... There are plenty more out there trust me