Peak @ FedeX

bbsam

Staff member
And why there's gonna be a union at Express? Really, MFE your predictions have been more flacid than a certain know-it-all-member's spouse's member.:wink2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And why there's gonna be a union at Express? Really, MFE your predictions have been more flacid than a certain know-it-all-member's spouse's member.:wink2:

You know, if Obama actually had a set of testicles, we'd have one...but he doesn't. Our chances for both a union and the EFCA were excellent until Mr. Compromise decided that he should bow down and kiss Republican butt. My crystal ball failed me on that one, but then, Obama claimed to actually be pro-labor instead of the Blue Dog he really is. On FedEx Ground, it will be a long time before the ISP model goes down, but I think that it will eventually fail because FedEx won't be able to stay far enough away to keep it legal. E2 and XS are probably well on their way to becoming Ground products.

FedExer267

Just more evidence that the FedEx Corporation has nearly complete control over a group of "independent" contractors and their non-employees. The TM (a FedEx employee), whose buttons are pushed from Memphis, is exerting control in the manner of an employer/employee relationship. This is precisely why FedEx Ground will eventually be undone by the legal system.
Yep they way they get around it is they 86 you from the building because your a undesirable contractor. Then your Contractor has to fire you because if you step on the property you are trespassing. Contractor gets stuck paying your unemployment and if he dosent fire you he gets contract threatened.
If they are truly independent business owners let them run their business. FedEx management can concentrate on teaching their employees how to properly load a truck and everything would be fine. That wont happen though because we all see this for what it is FedEx wants the power over everyone even if we are not their employees. Dosen't matter what you call this system they keep it up and they will continue to dragged into court.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Might you be referring to my old nemesis? If so, all of the "performance" products in the world couldn't cure the problem.