Peak season

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Two hours a day at the drop of a hat, no notice or schedule in advance.
That's not a good fit....for anyone.
And you guys wonder why you get helpers who are bottom of the barrel.
What you give is what you get.
I give up on it, the city traffic is so bad now that the only way I would do helpers this year is if I start in the building, end in the building, and they pay me to rent a studio nearby. You get so many more hours in a nice little time slot by double-shifting. Why drive to meet someone and then drive back in rush hour?

MattM

They cut hours and # of jets at my building. But that just means more work in a smaller time frame. Maybe the Jets will get upgraded in size, or their time frame for arrival shorter. I don't understand their mindset.

There is no package decline in sight yet are acting like peak has already passed.

Just Last week, we saw 30 sort containers. We had never seen that many.

Oh and they got most of us working Thanksgiving morning. So here's your hours back lol.

Forced holiday at a gateway is straight time btw. No one is flourishing where I work.

quad decade guy

I would honestly be a PT sup if I could.
$21 an hour to stand around doing nothing.
Must be like heaven.
Preload sucks.

Doing nothing? You surely don't know what you are talking about.

In our hub, part time sups equal hourlies and work right beside them-doing hourly work. The same

color shirt of the day is the only way to tell the difference. Hell, the last hour of the sort is all pt sups.

Without much effort, an hourly could double their paycheck with grievance pay.

542thruNthru

In our hub, part time sups equal hourlies and work right beside them-doing hourly work. The same

color shirt of the day is the only way to tell the difference. Hell, the last hour of the sort is all pt sups.

I'm sure a stickler for the rules like yourself is filing a Article 3 Sec 7 grievance everytime right?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic

Unfortunately I don't see my supervisor at all for the entire shift. They know the best management strategy for them is to leave me the hell alone.
They are probably doing union work on another :censored2:ty belt on the opposite corner.