Peak time start/end time.

Legitimyze

This is my first peak coming up at UPS, I am a preloader. I hear you might come in at 1:00 am to start, I know it varies depending on location but is it like that pretty much the whole time or is 1:00 just every so often? Doesn't bother me either way, just want to know what to prepare for.

I am sure the drivers still need to get on the road around 8:45 or 9, so do they usually account for that and we are done about the same time year around? Or should I expect to stay much later, because I have another full time job and was curious if I should ask to come in later for a few months.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
This is my first peak coming up at UPS, I am a preloader. I hear you might come in at 1:00 am to start, I know it varies depending on location but is it like that pretty much the whole time or is 1:00 just every so often? Doesn't bother me either way, just want to know what to prepare for.

I am sure the drivers still need to get on the road around 8:45 or 9, so do they usually account for that and we are done about the same time year around? Or should I expect to stay much later, because I have another full time job and was curious if I should ask to come in later for a few months.
We start between midnight and 1am everyday during peak.

EastBrown N Down

I'm planning on starting classes soon, and I was wondering the same thing. Asked my pts today, he said the same as everyone else, earlier start times. The drivers gotta get out the same time as usual. He said 12am to about 8:30, with a half hour break.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm planning on starting classes soon, and I was wondering the same thing. Asked my pts today, he said the same as everyone else, earlier start times. The drivers gotta get out the same time as usual. He said 12am to about 8:30, with a half hour break.
30 min break? 8 peaks I've worked...never have I gotten a half hour break. :strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys:

watdaflock?

Pretty sure it depends on your location.
My hub is small and we are there between 5-7 hours a day during peak. The goal is for drivers to be gone by 9AM but its usually closer to 10AM for us.*

e/ * Of course last year we were effected really bad by ice and lousy weather.
Was nice getting additional "free" breaks because of late trailers.

Legitimyze

Im a little worried about there not being enough time in a day for me haha. Ill be working 12 am till 6 pm (18 hour days). That only gives me like 5 hours a day to sleep.

watdaflock?

Im a little worried about there not being enough time in a day for me haha. Ill be working 12 am till 6 pm (18 hour days). That only gives me like 5 hours a day to sleep.

hmpf, eff' that....

Your 18 hour days = all for UPS?

A few people preload in the AM and then jump after at my hub but I don't think they are allowed anywhere close to that many hours.

Legitimyze

hmpf, eff' that....

Your 18 hour days = all for UPS?

A few people preload in the AM and then jump after at my hub but I don't think they are allowed anywhere close to that many hours.

No I have a completly different full time job,where I get 8-9 hours per day. I head to it as soon as I leave UPS in the morning aroun 9:00

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Peak starts, January 2nd. Ends December 30th.
SeasonChart.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
AGREE!!! When I was on preload, the only time I ever got any break was if I was pulling doubles and I would take a lunch between night shift and preload.
One of the time I went out as a helper this summer...finished 5.5 hours preload...left building with a driver at 9am. Cut to 2pm...his OC sends him a message..before he takes his lunch...meet up with Driver B and give bb58 to him. So he did, 2nd driver had taken his lunch already...so we finished up and got back around 830. 17 hour day and my only break was 10 min that I took during preload.

tre305

during peak last year we were coming in at 11pm on sunday nights and between 12:30-1:30 the rest of the week. had our reload starting at 3 in the afternoon as opposed to they're usual 6pm start time.