Pension account dollar amounts

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You will never get a dollar amount on these types of accounts. Defined BENEFIT plans will only give you numbers on your monthly pension and survivor benefits or pay offs.

And if you did, it wouldn't be accurate.

The WCW Pension is currently funded at 91.5%. So that's not bad.

If you want a number, you could do what I have done. Go back on all your pension yearly statements and add up all the contributions to your pension.

After 25 plus years, as of Dec 31, 2012 (last statement) I have over $175k invested for me.

I agree with what you are saying here, and yes, we are in a defined benefit plan. Adding up all your covered hours over your career, and multiplying them by the prevailing hourly rate at that time, will give you the same thing I'm asking about. But what I'm more interested in, is what was actually deposited into the account, not what I think I received. I know UPS just writes one big check to each plan, not thousands for each member. But it's like dues, sick pay, vacay pay, holiday pay; they are all reported on your pay stub. Why not pension contributions? It would at the very least give each employee the ability to see if the correct rate and his combo were being credited. The alternative to that would be a contribution rate, reported alongside our contributory hours on the annual statement.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I agree with what you are saying here, and yes, we are in a defined benefit plan. Adding up all your covered hours over your career, and multiplying them by the prevailing hourly rate at that time, will give you the same thing I'm asking about. But what I'm more interested in, is what was actually deposited into the account, not what I think I received. I know UPS just writes one big check to each plan, not thousands for each member. But it's like dues, sick pay, vacay pay, holiday pay; they are all reported on your pay stub. Why not pension contributions? It would at the very least give each employee the ability to see if the correct rate and his combo were being credited. The alternative to that would be a contribution rate, reported alongside our contributory hours on the annual statement.
I can log into my pension fund and see exactly what the company contributed each week to the pension fund. So far I haven't been shorted in 25 years.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I can log into my pension fund and see exactly what the company contributed each week to the pension fund. So far I haven't been shorted in 25 years.

Are you in Central States? The West Coast does not have ours listed that way. That would be great.