Can you tell me where in the contract it reads that? Thanks
Art 48, Section 2:

If an employee works on an approved personal holiday, he/she shall receive
holiday pay plus time and one-half (1-1/2) for all hours
worked or at the employee’s option he/she may elect to receive
time and one-half (1-1/2) for all hours worked and retain the
personal holiday for future use.

DriverNerd

Lmao…Most BA’s are never truly off duty…they can, and do, answer calls and texts at all hours…eerily similar to ups mgt, you are never really off the clock unless you are on vacation, and even then…
My wife is a steward and she routinely texts or calls her BA if she has issues after work. Yeah, he's definitely not in the office at 11 pm on a Friday night, but he still answers.

542thruNthru

My wife is a steward and she routinely texts or calls her BA if she has issues after work. Yeah, he's definitely not in the office at 11 pm on a Friday night, but he still answers.
Yep, most BAs have a few hundred members at least. They also have multiple crafts with multiple different work hours. I know many stewards that get calls at 1am from preloaders when they themselves work as drivers. Imagine that doubled or tripled.

Do we have lazy BAs.... Yes. Do people not understand how members/issues a BA deals with daily....YES!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Lmao…Most BA’s are never truly off duty…they can, and do, answer calls and texts at all hours…eerily similar to ups mgt, you are never really off the clock unless you are on vacation, and even then…

:biggrin:

My Locals bylaws require it.

Once you accept the car allowance and cell phone.... you are "on call" 24-7.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Art 48, Section 2:

If an employee works on an approved personal holiday, he/she shall receive
holiday pay plus time and one-half (1-1/2) for all hours
worked or at the employee’s option he/she may elect to receive
time and one-half (1-1/2) for all hours worked and retain the

personal holiday for future use.
Thank you.

Yep, most BAs have a few hundred members at least. They also have multiple crafts with multiple different work hours. I know many stewards that get calls at 1am from preloaders when they themselves work as drivers. Imagine that doubled or tripled.

Do we have lazy BAs.... Yes. Do people not understand how members/issues a BA deals with daily....YES!
People have to understand they're all so busy. I always text mine if I need something then tell him to get back to me at his earliest convenience. The only time I call him directly Is it for example somebody is getting walked out the door