Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Slacker45, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Hobizzle

Hobizzle New Member

They have found that it’s found and still active in semen. My source is a friend who is an RN. That said-she’s the paranoid type so I’d be about 75% confident in that statement. Generally speaking, this virus is transmissible through fluids so it would make sense.

2. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

Listen ups had a chance to buy for each warehouse 4 weeks ago but failed to do so. They waited on purpose. Guess why?

3. Foamer Pyle

Foamer Pyle Active Member

I have heard it said many times that this virus must get in through your mouth or nose, and into your airways, not from a cut. Gloves will do absolutely nothing. You wash your hands and keep them clean, and don’t touch your face or eat with dirty hands.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Foamer Pyle

Foamer Pyle Active Member

Trump is 10X better than BlowBamma, and certainly better than Commie Bernie or Sleepy Joe with Alzheimer’s. If your a Democrat, your choices for a new communist leader are real Bad.

5. Slacker45

Slacker45 Member

I've been cleaning my cab with my own supply right now but it will only last so long

6. Slacker45

Slacker45 Member

I feel honored you replied to my post

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Slacker45

Slacker45 Member

Gloves reduce viral loads on your hands, and make you not touch your face. I can wear gloves, touch the virus and take them off removing the virus from my body.

GLOVES HELP

Doctors wear gloves... I wonder why that is

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut Proud Deplorable

OMG it makes so much sense now!!!!

aliens.jpg

9. Slacker45

Slacker45 Member

Hey the aliens died from a virus

10. Cardboard Shuffler

Cardboard Shuffler New Member

Good luck getting PPE that actually works against viral contamination. Local doctors can't even get that stuff. Why would the company even provide it.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice, or that they really should try. But considering conditions as they are. I'd just be :censored2:ing happy if they cleaned the building for once as it is.

11. detmaintainer

detmaintainer Detroit Maintenance Rat

On Brown Cafe with advanced training from UPS-PCM and IBT.

12. Slacker45

Slacker45 Member

Then they shouldn't send us out. I'm pissed. Because I'm low enough in seniority that once amazon orders stop I'm going to be laid off, but I have to stick my neck out without any talk or help from the company

13. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

First off, the gloves that might help wouldn't last ten packages before ripping. Second, work gloves are not designed to prevent diseases. Third, most people don't know how to properly remove latex/nitrile gloves properly to prevent infection. And last, but not least, unless you are a medical facility, you ain't getting medical type gloves.

To those of you who are hyperventilating right now, I'm pretty.sure there are therapists available to talk, over video chat, about your germophobic pathologies.

giphy (9).gif

14. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

I really feel bad for you guys. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't. I've read that masks don't work ( who knows what to believe?) . gloves seem good since how often would you touch your eyes, nose, mouth with gloves on? washing with soap and water is better than sanitizer.

nurse across the street told me he washes his hands at least 20 times a day and washes his clothes every night. The big boss at the hospital told them they are expecting a 56% infection rate for Americans even with all these precautions. They just want to slow the spread down so as not to overload healthcare system.

One good thing for UPSers is that you are stronger and healthier than the average American and will survive this most likely like a bad case of the flu.

It's us old retired farts and our spouses that are high risk and/or people with underlying health issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. no_map_needed

no_map_needed Knowledge is key, Experience is power.

There's so many conflicting articles now on how long the virus survives on surfaces. I just read one today saying now it's 3 hours on metals and 24 hours on cardboard/plastic and have read the articles stating 72 hours on metal and a few hours on paper/cardboard. It's starting to get overwhelming and who knows what UPS is basing their strategy on.

16. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Just wear your mask, you'll be fine.

17. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Story on yahoo about a 60 member choir who followed most of the methods of standards for protection. None of the members shows symptoms before the practice, 47 (who were tested) came back positive and 3 have died so far.

This virus can be transmitted by breath, talking or opening your mouth. I still see work groups in our building that continue to fail to maintain the 6 foot rule, yapping away thus become prime candidates for being carriers or catching the germ. Also it can probably get to you through your eyes and possibly your ears.

We have 14 days till this virus peaks according to medical experts. Everybody better reconsider their individual work habits to keep from spreading this further. I plan to practice sign language and gesturing and keeping my mouth shut and anybody who comes within 6 feet of me will be warned, really there is still a lot of clueless people out there who have no concept of what is going to come down (customers and fellow co-workers).

We have all done some real unwise decision making since this virus came into play mainly through ignorance, hindsight will not help. It is a time to work smarter and start calling out unsafe practices that you see in your work place and protect yourself and others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Yall are dumb.
    #1. I dont believe in viruses and im fine.
    #2. If viruses were real, and this particular one is so deadly, youre best off being one of the first ones that get it in your area. Care and resources wont be taken by the hogs.
    #3. Stay hydrated

19. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

I lick my fingers clean after every stop

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Rack em

Rack em First to worst!

Quit trying to get in on all that sweet unemployment money!