Petition

bacha29

I hearing reports regarding a petition being circulated among contractors nationwide containing a long list of contractor grievances that will be presented to Fat Freddy. In fact a contractor has posted a YT video regarding the matter I'm sure Fat Freddy will keep the petition in his bathroom closet in case there's another toilet paper shortage.

zeev

Need a link ,checked YouTube saw a site called Route Consultant with comments turned off, looks like a propaganda site to dump routes

bacha29

The petition does exist.
Thanks bbsam. BTW , nobody gives Fat Freddy an ultimatum.....and get away with it. He'll simply allow the contracts of the petitioners to lapse while making terms and conditions a whole lot rougher for those who remain.

bacha29

Need a link ,checked YouTube saw a site called Route Consultant with comments turned off, looks like a propaganda site to dump routes
Evidenced by his anguished voice along with owning 225 routes himself this cat is clearly going below the Mendoza Line. It goes without saying. Fat Freddy doesn't exist to create your wealth . You exist to create his.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Evidenced by his anguished voice along with owning 225 routes himself this cat is clearly going below the Mendoza Line. It goes without saying. Fat Freddy doesn't exist to create your wealth . You exist to create his.
The Mendoza Line refers to a baseball player's batting average. What does it have to do with owning and operating routes?

And how about a link to the video?

bacha29

The Mendoza Line refers to a baseball player's batting average. What does it have to do with owning and operating routes?

And how about a link to the video?
1. Let's try it this way. Perhaps you'll get it but I'm not counting on it. Mickey Rivers often pointed to the fact that Mario Mendoza's BA was almost always at the very bottom of the public listing for those who had the required number of BA'.s with other's just above his average. When those with BA's just above Mendoza's were suddenly no longer listed they were generally released or sent back to the minors often never to be heard from again. This is turn created the saying . "went below the Mendoza Line.
As for this contractor, his moan full cries of economic pain are a clear indication that he's getting close to going below the economic Mendoza Line.

2. Given your never ending criticism of every comment I make you can go find your own links. Just because even to this very day your mom is still running along behind picking up after you doesn't mean that everyone else has to do it as well.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
1. Let's try it this way. Perhaps you'll get it but I'm not counting on it. Mickey Rivers often pointed to the fact that Mario Mendoza's BA was almost always at the very bottom of the public listing for those who had the required number of BA'.s with other's just above his average. When those with BA's just above Mendoza's were suddenly no longer listed they were generally released or sent back to the minors often never to be heard from again. This is turn created the saying . "went below the Mendoza Line.
As for this contractor, his moan full cries of economic pain are a clear indication that he's getting close to going below the economic Mendoza Line.
I get it, you're trying an analogy but it's not a good one.

2. Given your never ending criticism of every comment I make you can go find your own links. Just because even to this very day your mom is still running along behind picking up after you doesn't mean that everyone else has to do it as well.
I get it, you don't have a link to this just like you didn't have any links to the daily reports of robbed, attacked, etc. couriers.

bacha29

I get it, you're trying an analogy but it's not a good one.

I get it, you don't have a link to this just like you didn't have any links to the daily reports of robbed, attacked, etc. couriers.
1. Still a better analogy than anything you're offered to this point. It's had to have made some impact because while you don't know the meaning or history surrounding the Mendoza Line you knew that it was a baseball term. And I bet your Mario Mendoza baseball card is still your favorite.

2. I'll find my links. You find yours. Down in there your mom's basement you have all day to find them..

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
1. Still a better analogy than anything you're offered to this point. It's had to have made some impact because while you don't know the meaning or history surrounding the Mendoza Line you knew that it was a baseball term. And I bet your Mario Mendoza baseball card is still your favorite.

2. I'll find my links. You find yours. Down in there your mom's basement you have all day to find them..
As a disinterested third party, I feel the need to point out that providing a link conveys legitimacy to the person who posts a claim, otherwise it becomes just so much BS that is rightfully disregarded.

bacha29

As a disinterested third party, I feel the need to point out that providing a link conveys legitimacy to the person who posts a claim, otherwise it becomes just so much BS that is rightfully disregarded.
Just type in "Reported Assaults And Robberies Of Delivery Drivers". You'll find quite a number of local news outlets with stories on the subject.... In addition there is also several FB's dedicated to FXG drivers and their stories of close calls and bad treatment.

BTW For you Texas big hats. Saw where Sean Payton resigned at NO. Hello Dallas Cowboys. He's said to be in thicker than hair on a dog's back with the Jones Gang.

bbsam

Staff member
Spencer is legit. Yes, he makes a lot of money selling routes. But he’s also clued into route owning as well. He is top notch with knowing where every penny comes in and goes out.

Fact is, when the larger entities are echoing the smaller operations in terms of it not being profitable, FedEx has a problem on their hands. It’s not just small, bad business management. It’s every size.

When Fedex starts seeing contractors simply walk away from contracts (yes, he is one of the few who can afford to) because the investment simply isn’t profitable, they have a serious problem.

bbsam

Staff member
It seems that the petition has made its way to the upper levels. The VP’s have put out a reply that doesn’t claim to be a response but it’s obvious. The reply is less than encouraging but maybe the dialogue has begun. One of them is slated to be in our building tomorrow.

bacha29

Spencer is legit. Yes, he makes a lot of money selling routes. But he’s also clued into route owning as well. He is top notch with knowing where every penny comes in and goes out.

Fact is, when the larger entities are echoing the smaller operations in terms of it not being profitable, FedEx has a problem on their hands. It’s not just small, bad business management. It’s every size.

When Fedex starts seeing contractors simply walk away from contracts (yes, he is one of the few who can afford to) because the investment simply isn’t profitable, they have a serious problem.
Contractors are not price makers. They're price takers. Sure you can move some of the cash offered around between categories but in the end the core amount offered is by and large fixed even before you begin to so called "negotiate".

Sure, FDX had a better quarterly operating results but everyone sees how they did it and after years of fat margins Mr. Spencer appears utterly shocked to discover that not only can margins stop expanding.....they can and do contract....sometimes painfully. When FXG sees that you're making out too good at this they have always set out to make a few "settlement adjustments" in order to keep you subservient .

bbsam

Staff member
Contractors are not price makers. They're price takers. Sure you can move some of the cash offered around between categories but in the end the core amount offered is by and large fixed even before you begin to so called "negotiate".

Sure, FDX had a better quarterly operating results but everyone sees how they did it and after years of fat margins Mr. Spencer appears utterly shocked to discover that not only can margins stop expanding.....they can and do contract....sometimes painfully. When FXG sees that you're making out too good at this they have always set out to make a few "settlement adjustments" in order to keep you subservient .
Yes but it’s bad for their business as well. They are far better off in control of an appreciating asset that brings in better investors. They’ve misplayed this one.