Porch Pirates

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Apparently the "out of sight " clause was removed from how to leave a package?
Nope, I release that item in the open garage, which is at the side of the home, out of street view... I've never seen Amazon having isr or dsr on any deliveries when we had them

I also don't release tv's in plain view either; that's just begging for trouble

bacha29

I think you'll see more people simply stop and pick up their junk at the store rather than going through the headaches of doorstep service or spend a lot of money of additional security because good porch pirates will find a way to defeat many such measures.

MAKAVELI

I think you'll see more people simply stop and pick up their junk at the store rather than going through the headaches of doorstep service or spend a lot of money of additional security because good porch pirates will find a way to defeat many such measures.
Nah, the general public is just too lazy. It's what drives e-commerce growth.

OrioN

???

When I had my bid route of 4 years, I had area knowledge of where to leave their stuff... most of them don't use the front door in rural areas.

My OP is common since it's covered porches. The open garage is where the customers go into their house in my 2nd scenario.

The replacement driver now just throws their stuff by the mailbox or FD, in plain view (dunno who's covering the route now, he quit)

Last edited:

bacha29

Nah, the general public is just too lazy. It's what drives e-commerce growth.
Word of mouth travels quickly through the petty criminal world. Word of how to defeat package security measures will be found and new counter measures will be required and it will go around and around and homeowners will continue to spend money on those new measures......Needless to say home companies will be piling up the cash.

bacha29

You would know.
Now you don't need to worry your pretty little bald head. We won't hit your house. Understand that every community is required to maintain a minimum level and amount of trailer trash And I'm pleased to inform you that I in fact volunteered to be counted among my community's trailer trash and I materially assist in the effort to make certain that all trailer trash in my town is counted and identified. Now that's got to count for something. It's kind of like the Scarlet Letter where all trailer trash has to prominently display a placard identifying themselves a such . It helps people feel safe.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
ever watch those trunk monkey commercials on you tube? they are hilarious.......

now we need porch monkey........oh ,no........

OrioN

Yeah, I delivered one where the box was totally intact & it was doa...

I usually see those in tugs not on the conveyor belt system