position bid question

winglas

So earlier this week I got all excited about a position and put in a bid for it, but about 2 mins later realized that I should probably discuss it with my family first, so I withdrew. Now they are on board and I went back to resubmit but it wont let me even though the position is still open. Does anyone know if there is anyone I can contact for a reset that would allow me to bid before the position closes?

Thanks

vantexan

So earlier this week I got all excited about a position and put in a bid for it, but about 2 mins later realized that I should probably discuss it with my family first, so I withdrew. Now they are on board and I went back to resubmit but it wont let me even though the position is still open. Does anyone know if there is anyone I can contact for a reset that would allow me to bid before the position closes?

Thanks

I had that happen to me awhile back but decided to let it drop. About all you can do is see if mgr can put you in. If not call HR. If nothing can be done call hiring mgr and tell him if no one takes job you will if he reposts. He may prefer to do that rather than hire off street. If you do apply for another position you can always keep on the list and withdraw at any time later. But if you withdraw after signing an offer letter you will be penalized one year before being allowed to apply for any position again. And believe me, if perfect job comes along they won't let you apply until year is up.

55+

Ask your mgr if they can fill out a paper JCA for you for that position...they should know what that is

winglas

I havent been offered the position yet...it closes today. Called HR and they said to submit a paper JCA if the hiring manager would allow it, which he would. Thanks for your help all.

LTFedExer

As said above, your manager SHOULD be able to help you. If not, call HR. In the future, leave your name in there....you could always turn down the job if its offered to you. I had signed an offer letter and called the hiring manager a week before I was supposed to report to turn it down. I wish now I took the position :(