Post dated COD's

Rack em

Made the Podium
The worst
I've heard stories from a few of the older drivers in our center about when they would accept cash for COD's. They said the would have tons of COD's for the country fair and walk out some days with over $10,000 in cash in their pockets. They said their very next stop was to a bank to get a cashier's check because it was too scary walking around with that much money.

WorknLateHuh

Don't get any ideas, but if a check is less than 3 to 4 dollars short the majority of the time they will eat the difference.

It costs more for the COD dept to follow up on the discrepancy than to just eat it. I've seen it happen a few times. sorry... a lil off topic there

WorknLateHuh

Can you get disciplined if the customer only has cash, and the driver offers to write a personal check in exchange for the money? (as long as it's not cashier's only). I don't see how this would be a problem. I mean... they are getting paid.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Can you get disciplined if the customer only has cash, and the driver offers to write a personal check in exchange for the money? (as long as it's not cashier's only). I don't see how this would be a problem. I mean... they are getting paid.
The problem is that if you do it once, they will expect to do it every time. It will get old quick.

Keenj

Who the heck gets COD's anymore?

On my route

3 different Hair salons, chick clothing places, a smoke shop, a music shop and a muffler shop.

None of them ever have a check ready except one hair salon. The music shop is pretty much an everyday thing and they still can't get their sh** together and have a check ready.
The smoke shop never has their checkbook until the third attempt.

That's why I'm adamant about ending CODs. It's a freaking hassle and there's no reason why this is still practiced in a day and age of instant funds transfers like credit/debit cards or PayPal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't get any ideas, but if a check is less than 3 to 4 dollars short the majority of the time they will eat the difference.

It costs more for the COD dept to follow up on the discrepancy than to just eat it. I've seen it happen a few times. sorry... a lil off topic there

When we accepted cash we could be plus/minus 99 cents.

We can accept checks of any amount greater than the COD amount.

We cannot accept checks of any amount less than the COD amount.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can you be disciplined? No, but....

The problem is that if you do it once, they will expect to do it every time. It will get old quick.

This.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've heard stories from a few of the older drivers in our center about when they would accept cash for COD's. They said the would have tons of COD's for the country fair and walk out some days with over $10,000 in cash in their pockets. They said their very next stop was to a bank to get a cashier's check because it was too scary walking around with that much money.

We were told to do this if we had $5K or more in cash and, yes, we were also told to deduct the cost of the money order from our cash totals. We were also told to use that money to buy windshield washer fluid, dry gas or whatever minor things that could not wait until we got back to the center and to include the receipt with our COD tags.