Posts Removed?

whiskeyagogo

There were posts this morning about a certain location being shuttered and the thread seems to have disappeared. I don't have a PM on where the thread went, did we do something wrong?

whiskeyagogo

I can see the thread by searching but when I click on it I get:
" you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Which seems odd because I posted this...

D

Dis-organized Labor

" you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Whiskey.
I am sorry, but UPSSOCKS and I determined that your Post was not worthy of being Posted.
Please go back and review it and make it a bit more interesting.
Thanks.

DOL

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It was a thread I started and moved regarding a facility move from one location to another location.

Certain people did not like the insinuation that there were ulterior motives behind the move. I guess "intangible benefits" meant something different to them than to me.
To me it's just a field on the DD10 form used in IE to summarize why a facility should be opened, moved or closed.
No use trying to explain that today... they were in no mood to listen. :anxious:

Lesson #1 - might not be a good idea to post at 5:17 a.m. after only 2 hours sleep and taking Benedryl.

Last edited:
D

Dis-organized Labor

It was thread I started and moved regarding a facility move from one location to another location.

Certain people did not like the insinuation that there were ulterior motives behind the move. I guess "intangible benefits" meant something different to them than to me.
To me it's just a field on the DD10 form used in IE to summarize why a facility should be opened, moved or closed.
No use trying to explain that today... they were in no mood to listen. :anxious:

Lesson #1 - might not be a good idea to post at 5:17 a.m. after only 2 hours sleep and taking Benedryl.

Huh??? What???

Thanks for moving it, then :happy-very:

whiskeyagogo

It was a thread I started and moved regarding a facility move from one location to another location.

Hoaxster,
So would it be ok for me to start a thread? I mean, we are talking about hundreds of impacted UPSers. Is there a specific area I need to stay away from? Please PM me if necessary

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster,
So would it be ok for me to start a thread? I mean, we are talking about hundreds of impacted UPSers. Is there a specific area I need to stay away from? Please PM me if necessary
Certainly you can start a thread but I will not reply or quote in that thread.
They know who I am. :anxious:

I actually thoght it would be a good thread but what do I know? :wink2:

pretzel_man

Hoax,

I didn't read your thread, but the fact that the Morristown building is closing is public information.

I was on assignment to Corporate when Morristown opened. At that time, people also thought there were "intangible benefits" to opening the building. Any move UPS makes will be thought that way. BTW, I was personally involved in some of the Morristown analysis back then and it was a good and fair evaluation.

I still have friends who work in that building. Some will be happy with the move. Others upset. This has happened forever at UPS. I've had my commute changed by 30 miles overnight... That is life and decisions like that are reviewed by many, many people.

There is an insinuation that UPS contacted the Brown Cafe to have the post removed. I'm betting that to be false.

P-Man

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoax,

There is an insinuation that UPS contacted the Brown Cafe to have the post removed. I'm betting that to be false.

P-Man

You are correct - UPS did not contact Brown Cafe.

An individual, whom I respect and trust their judgment, approached me about my post (the original post in a thread) and was very upset about it so I personally removed my "original" post which removed the entire thread which had two replies. These two posters have re-posted their thoughts in other threads on this subject.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So the First Amendment doesn't apply to UPS?
This legislation does not imply that you remain anonymous when exercising freedom of speech.
With the bulk of negative material posted on this site about UPS, I have to believe a potential lawsuit against the site was not a motivating factor in its deletion.
Even if Hoax realized that he was mistaken, it should not have resulted in the deletion of the thread.
A retraction in a subsequent post should have been sufficient to satisfy his conscience and critics in the corporate tower.
Hoax, were you threatened??
I would think that the First Amendment protects you in this incident.
Something stinks!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So the First Amendment doesn't apply to UPS?
This legislation does not imply that you remain anonymous when exercising freedom of speech.
With the bulk of negative material posted on this site about UPS, I have to believe a potential lawsuit against the site was not a motivating factor in its deletion.
Even if Hoax realized that he was mistaken, it should not have resulted in the deletion of the thread.
A retraction in a subsequent post should have been sufficient to satisfy his conscience and critics in the corporate tower.
Hoax, were you threatened??
I would think that the First Amendment protects you in this incident.
Something stinks!!!
First Amendment rights only protect the individual from being censured by or retribution from the government. UPS is not a government.
I was not threatened and the reason I removed the thread was because the person was so upset about it. I do not want my management who are very good, caring people, to be concerned over my actions. Respect and a good working relationship is a two-way street.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
And what is being "hidden"? The original thread that Hoax started had to do with this forum. He has already explained several times that UPS did not ask for it to be removed, no deep dark conspiracy of any kind here.

In ten years, UPS has only officially contacted Cheryl one time, and that was because somebody used Mike Eskew's name and picture as his Username and started posting some racially offensive stuff.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why is this topic being hidden in this section of the forum?
Structure of Brown Cafe
Site
Forums
Threads
It is not being hidden, this is the forum where the original thread was started.
This thread was started by an IT employee.

or

It could be a conspiracy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
First Amendment rights only protect the individual from being censured by or retribution from the government. UPS is not a government.
I was not threatened and the reason I removed the thread was because the person was so upset about it. I do not want my management who are very good, caring people, to be concerned over my actions. Respect and a good working relationship is a two-way street.

Good answer, better watch your back.

upsgrunt

It's hidden over there on the grassy knoll, by the stockade fence, near the triple underpass bridge in Daley Plaza.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Structure of Brown Cafe
Site
Forums
Threads
It is not being hidden, this is the forum where the original thread was started.
This thread was started by an IT employee.

or

It could be a conspiracy.

Just didn't seem to be an IT issue to me.
Current events, which I had no problem with by the way, would dictate the thread being moved to the discussion forum.