Power pad batteries

Sparky

What they should do when they *eventually* roll out the new power pads is to have chargers in the trucks like USPS. I know all the 600s and 700s have a two port power cable from the old radios and DADS units, or just hard wire them to the battery.

STFXG

If you want a charger bring back handsheets with horrible hand writing and mix in a few incorrect digits throughout. Make them work. That's what I did. Easier to comply with my demands than deal with my passive aggressiveness.

SmithBarney

If you want a charger bring back handsheets with horrible hand writing and mix in a few incorrect digits throughout. Make them work. That's what I did. Easier to comply with my demands than deal with my passive aggressiveness.
Again comparing Ground to Express... who bought the charger? Contractor or X? at Express the charger is not yet an option in our purchasing system.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Again comparing Ground to Express... who bought the charger? Contractor or X? at Express the charger is not yet an option in our purchasing system.
And it probably never will be either. They're so cheap they'd rather set up couriers to fail them to spend a nickel more than they have to.

Sparky

Everyone knows the drill for peak around my station, when you have to sheet up everything take your time to make it look good and come back before your 14 with whatever you can't deliver

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What they should do when they *eventually* roll out the new power pads is to have chargers in the trucks like USPS. I know all the 600s and 700s have a two port power cable from the old radios and DADS units, or just hard wire them to the battery.
Was told by management that the new ppads would be cellphone style with virtual keyboards, making current equipment and accessories obsolete. Don't expect anything for current equipment to be provided. Doesn't matter if it will be 5 days or 5 years before they're replaced.

dex 84

Was told by management that the new ppads would be cellphone style with virtual keyboards, making current equipment and accessories obsolete. Don't expect anything for current equipment to be provided. Doesn't matter if it will be 5 days or 5 years before they're replaced.

Hopefully the new ones can call each other, maybe even like the old nextel direct connect. Text only communication is kind of a pain and I end up just calling most people...

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I got mine from Ground management. I didn't pay for them.

You are indirectly paying for them via leasing the Motorola scanners, yes? !?

I'll have to ask for one ~ i carry 2 extra spares on the side door pocket...

What's weird is that express screens are still in grayscale while we have color~vision on ours.

I don't think we will get new powerpads anytime soon: didn't we upgraded from those Honeywell units a while back?

These Motorola powerpads have the ability to make calls, they don't want to enable it. I recall someone from express saying they're on the AT&T network while Ground HD was on the Verizon plan...

STFXG

You are indirectly paying for them via leasing the Motorola scanners, yes? !?

I'll have to ask for one ~ i carry 2 extra spares on the side door pocket...

What's weird is that express screens are still in grayscale while we have color~vision on ours.

I don't think we will get new powerpads anytime soon: didn't we upgraded from those Honeywell units a while back?

These Motorola powerpads have the ability to make calls, they don't want to enable it. I recall someone from express saying they're on the AT&T network while Ground HD was on the Verizon plan...
We are leasing the scanner. Not chargers or data cables for GPS (I've got those too). We have had these Motorola scanners for about as long as the old brick ones. I haven't heard anything about us getting new scanners, but we are usually ahead of Express when new scanners roll out. They were still using handsheets for almost a year in my area after we got scanners. Same time frame to upgrade to the motorolas. Ground is on ATT as well.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ya, we just have white background with splash o blue... the other memeber that mentioned different colors for various commit times is a good idea ie, red for P1

dex 84

Ya, we just have white background with splash o blue... the other memeber that mentioned different colors for various commit times is a good idea ie, red for P1

P1 is blue. I think that's the only color used on our powerpads but you can tell they're full color by some of the screens it goes through before the fedex application loads.

SmithBarney

I'd love RED for DEX08s 03s(not ins, since sometimes you are in the same area later, I like to hit them again when I can...but I have a poor memory can't remember which were 08s03s without going back and looking.

dex 84

DEX8, Reattempt Today?

It will put it on the bottom of the screen in it's own little spot.

Which sucks because then you only have 5 spots in your del list until you reattempt. I haven't even been bothering with the del lists lately to be honest, not worth the trouble.

I'd love RED for DEX08s 03s(not ins, since sometimes you are in the same area later, I like to hit them again when I can...but I have a poor memory can't remember which were 08s03s without going back and looking.

I reserve a spot at the front of my top shelf for exceptions and problem packages I pupped so I don't forget and put them on the belt.

And I astra label all exceptions and write on the astra any info that goes along with it such as where I left the door tag or why I 03ed it.

McFeely

Huge Member
Which sucks because then you only have 5 spots in your del list until you reattempt.

I always use the search function for my next stop anyway, so it doesn't really bug me only having 5 listed on the main delivery screen.

I used to never select Reattempt Today but then I'd get messages from Dispatch telling me to reattempt those businesses and hounding me until I 10-4'd them. It got old.

whenIgetthere

I always use the search function for my next stop anyway, so it doesn't really bug me only having 5 listed on the main delivery screen.

I used to never select Reattempt Today but then I'd get messages from Dispatch telling me to reattempt those businesses and hounding me until I 10-4'd them. It got old.

I had an 08 Friday, they usually close at noon on Friday, but were closed all day. I DEX08'd it, and our SAL messaged me to DEX17 it because they were closed. It was a P2, so when I went back to that block for P2, I saw someone there and delivered it. Later, I get a message from her asking why I hadn't DEX17'd it yet, told her because I delivered it. Also reminded her DEX17 would be falsification. No messages after that from her after that!