Pregnant and sorting!

brownedout

I work in the primary sort.. I wish they would send me to small sort. But, that's a seniority job!
Two options for you: Enlist your shop steward and go to management requesting some "good will" to get on the small sort, maybe even securing the spot beforehand from a "cooperative" co-worker. However management frowns on such tactics behind their backs. Option 2 per our NMA... Article 16. LEAVE OF ABSENCE...Section 4. Maternity and Paternity Leave...pargraph 2...A light duty request, certified in writing by a physician,, shall be granted in compliance with state or federal laws, if applicable. I would probably go with option 1 going to management with your shop steward with your request so as not to ruffle any feathers, management or union. Hopefully they, management and co-workers, do the right thing, however inform them of your right(s) per National Master Agreement if things don't go your way

Thanks browned out. You clarified things for me. I went to the Doc today and he gave me a 40lb weight restriction. Will that be sufficient for light duty? Will having that restriction put me on short term disability?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
NMA... Article 16. LEAVE OF ABSENCE...Section 4. Maternity and Paternity Leave...pargraph 2...A light duty request, certified in writing by a physician,, shall be granted in compliance with state or federal laws, if applicable.

Did you even read what you posted ?? Does the language apply in her case.... based on what state she lives in ??

Now the poor girl went and got a weight restriction.... and can't perform the essential functions of the job.

OP.... refer to my earlier post.... I have posted this information before. At the very least, call your Local.

-Bug-

brownedout

Did you even read what you posted ?? Does the language apply in her case.... based on what state she lives in ??

Now the poor girl went and got a weight restriction.... and can't perform the essential functions of the job.

OP.... refer to my earlier post.... I have posted this information before. At the very least, call your Local.

-Bug-
NO!!! I didn't read what I posted. My fingers just magically type and these words appear. NO!!! I don't know what state she lives in thus the phrase "In compliance with state or federal laws" oh I guess I do/did read what I posted. The poor girl was given loads of options by you, by me, by others, she did what she did, and her doctors orders should be the final say in this matter. NOW BE A GOOD BUG...and BUZZ THE BLEEP OFF!!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
did you even read what you posted ?? Does the language apply in her case.... Based on what state she lives in ??

Now the poor girl went and got a weight restriction.... And can't perform the essential functions of the job.

Op.... Refer to my earlier post.... I have posted this information before. At the very least, call your local.

-bug-
maybe the union shouldn't have sold out it's temporarily/permanently disabled workforce.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How's that? I was injured on the job. Why am I only allowed one years medical? Why do I have to pay, when I pay every damned day as it is?

Don't even get me started, BUG.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was injured on the job. Why am I only allowed one years medical?

Meno,

I don't know your situation. If it was "on the job".... thats workers comp. Unless, you have gone thru the process and it was denied

because of a "pre-existing" condition. Something for lawyers and doctors to figure out. Not you or me.

Disability, was intended for "temporary" financial assistance as you transition back to work....

If it was unlimited.... you would have people never come back to work.

-Bug-

menotyou

bella amicizia
No, it's comp. I am golden with Liberty. I am talking about my health insurance. Not my being covered by comp. I am golden. 4 surgeries later...........................

brownedout

By suggesting she go to management, and try to displace someone out of their job....

Isn't much of an option.

-Bug-
VERY creative use of the backspace and/or delete key in quoting me. You know with dizzee's bad news today, and my own cancer battle I'm waging, I'm just in no mood for a petty argument with a BUG.