Preloader- Seems the FASTER I work= the More work I get.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I recently completed my probation period as a new hire in San Diego.

I'm a preloader,. I like giving my 100% effort @ work, but every time my slide is clean, my supervisor orders me across the penn to help a preloader that's backed up. What bothers me is that I'm dripping in sweat:angry:meanwhile the other preloader is dry as rock & seems chill'n.:peaceful: This makes me FEEL like a FOOL & being taken advantaged of. when i RETURN 2 my area, its BACKED UP & i'll have to work TWICE as hard to CATCH UP. supervisors don't seem to care.

It seems the vast majority of preloaders in my hub work at a slow pace when loading their trucks. They all agree that the FASTER they work, the MORE work they get. I don't want to become a LAGer like most employees. I'm having Second Toughts about KEEPING JOB.

I Believe a new POLICY should be made suck as, "NO SWEAT,NO HELP"( if your not sweating, you don't deserve help)

How can I SOLVE this ISSUE without being seen a a problematic employee?
jazhielcit2,

Work slow and steady and you will be able to survive.

Working fast will only get you abused at UPS.

You are only required to provide a reasonable effort when doing your job at UPS.

Sincerely,
I

Marlin3030hntr

Well I am in the boat of working like 2 preloaders on a consistent basis and have been doing so for 7 years, I routinely load 1000-1350 pieces a day and most of the year that's in 4-4.5 a day, have to help my neighboring loaders all the stewards do to help is say "stack it out and take more time, or put your letter in the get a different spot" easy for them to say. I have learned the hard way I only stay cause my drivers like me and treat me well, and I only have 1 person out of our 120 person preload that knows my spot and he along with my sups were pissed that I was in driving class last week and can't wait until I'm back this week (for how long not sure yet hopefully only a couple weeks) cause they can't figure out how I do it and all I say to them is neither do I, if you want to make a career out of this follow your methods to the t and if you get backed up so be it, your body will thank you trust me I'm stuck being superman, and all the ft on road sups know me too so I'm forever screwed, hopefully I get through my 30 day packet.

Asskicker

It's funny you say that Bagels...because all I keep hearing from the Union is Fed Ex, Fed Ex, Fed Ex.....What the hell do we have to do with Fed Ex? This contract cuts our benefits and all the Union keeps saying is "Well Fed Ex blah blah blah blah". Who gives a ****? We aren't Fed Ex!!!! We have a Union!!! So why just because they don't is the Union going to concede our benefits to the company??? That just tells me there's no point in working for a Union company. At a time when the Union should do it's best work and organizing in showing what a benefit it is to have these powerful people negotiating a top notch contract for it's people, the Union concedes and in my opinion pretty much CUTS IT"S OWN THROAT!!!! That is bad strategy teamsters!! It will be really hard to brag about the benefits of a Union if this contract passes. At least all you big shots should collect a decent unemployment rate when more workers decide to dump you. This contract is a disgrace and all Union Local Reps should be BLASTING Hoffa for this CRAP!!!!!

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I've been loading for almost six yrs. I'm frequently asked to help the guys next to me cuz they're backed up and i'm clean. If my sup asks, i won't refuse but i might just go over, stack six packages and return to my assignment. I agree, if you're backed up, not sweating and moving like you're strolling in a park, i will not help you. If you consistently show up late, and thus are buried for the first two hours, i will not help you. I have no problem helping a guy who's trying his best, working his ass off but can't catch up. We all have those days. But you know what....when i have those days, i move double time and don't walk off and take my break when my slide is full and no one ever offers me help.

dialup

Work at the steady pace.

If they ask you to helps someone else, work at the same steady pace, if your area is backed up when you get back, then so be it.

You are only responsible for showing up on time, being safe and giving a fair days work for a fair days pay.

10veleze

Pace yourself and let them know you are going to do your best. Don't brake your back or get hurt in any way for those puppets (supervisors)

upsset

I recently completed my probation period as a new hire in San Diego.

I'm a preloader,. I like giving my 100% effort @ work, but every time my slide is clean, my supervisor orders me across the penn to help a preloader that's backed up. What bothers me is that I'm dripping in sweat:angry:meanwhile the other preloader is dry as rock & seems chill'n.:peaceful: This makes me FEEL like a FOOL & being taken advantaged of. when i RETURN 2 my area, its BACKED UP & i'll have to work TWICE as hard to CATCH UP. supervisors don't seem to care.

It seems the vast majority of preloaders in my hub work at a slow pace when loading their trucks. They all agree that the FASTER they work, the MORE work they get. I don't want to become a LAGer like most employees. I'm having Second Toughts about KEEPING JOB.

I Believe a new POLICY should be made suck as, "NO SWEAT,NO HELP"( if your not sweating, you don't deserve help)

How can I SOLVE this ISSUE without being seen a a problematic employee?

​QUIT!!!!!!

tejano408

That What Sucks About Being A Newbie If You Made It See What Your Steward Advises You Remember Fair Day Pay For Fair Day Work Not Over work

mixyo

Dispatcher
LOL. You are paid to load package cars. They have you load package cars. WTF is the problem? Do your job and quit complaining!