President Obama!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
None of you understand what a PREAMBLE is, and THAT is the primary problem with your logic.

How you backwoods midwesterners interpret standard english construction is laughable.

oh, those pesky commas, "they dont mean anything" in YOUR world. Maybe you think commas are placed into the second amendment by accident? or maybe the founders didnt understand basic english?

The real problem with your midwestern edumacation, is that you dont understand how the constitution was constructed in the first place.

None of you understand what a PREAMBLE is, and THAT is the primary problem with your logic.

Let me see if I can assist you in your understanding..

pre·am·ble
ˈprēˌambəl/
noun
noun: preamble; plural noun: preambles
a preliminary or preparatory statement; an introduction.
"what she said was by way of a preamble"
  • Law
    the introductory part of a statute or deed, stating its purpose, aims, and justification.

This is a simple concept.

Lets use another example:

A preamble is a brief introduction to a speech, like the Preamble to the Constitution that starts out "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union...do ordain and establish this Constitution."

Preamble comes from the Latin praeambulus which means "walking before." And that's what a preamble does — it "walks" before a speech, often explaining what's coming. It's like the White Rabbit introducing the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. Since it goes before a speech, think of it as a pre-ramble. A preamble is usually used for formal documents; you wouldn't include one in a text to your best friend.

Hopefully, you are capable of reading comprehension and can understand how the constitution was constructed.

Now, lets look at the preamble to the US Constitution, the commas and the INTENT. This will be on the test, so pay attention to detail of the use of the subject, the qualifiers and COMMAS.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Breakdown:

"We the people of the United States, ..." "in order to form a more perfect union , .." "establish justice,.." "insure domestic tranquility,..." "provide for the common defense,..." "promote the general welfare,..." "and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity,..." "do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Now, with your backwoods education, NONE of the information that comes after the first comma after "we the people of the United States,.." has anything to do with "WE THE PEOPLE..."

But, in reality, EVERYTHING after the first COMMA QUALIFIES "WE THE PEOPLE..."

Thats what a preamble does. Its sets the tone for the entire meaning of the subject.

Only in the second amendment, do GUN owners want to ignore this premise and ignore not only the PREAMBLE, but ALL THE COMMAS that connect the fragments of the second amendment to the preamble.

It easy to understand why.

The second amendment DOESNT say what gun owners want it to say, so they eliminate the COMMA between the third fragment and the fourth fragment and CREATE a whole new sentence right out of the middle of something else.

NEWFIE did what every other gun owner does... He quotes the second amendment like this:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

But it doesnt say that in this form, which is a stand alone sentence. Its a fragmented sentence, minus the comma which separates them.

Hopefully, you can understand this simple english concept.

TOS.
wut, wut?

Overpaid Union Thug

How you backwoods midwesterners interpret standard english construction is laughable.

oh, those pesky commas, "they dont mean anything" in YOUR world. Maybe you think commas are placed into the second amendment by accident? or maybe the founders didnt understand basic english?

The real problem with your midwestern edumacation, is that you dont understand how the constitution was constructed in the first place.

Let me see if I can assist you in your understanding..

pre·am·ble
ˈprēˌambəl/
noun
noun: preamble; plural noun: preambles
a preliminary or preparatory statement; an introduction.
"what she said was by way of a preamble"
  • Law
    the introductory part of a statute or deed, stating its purpose, aims, and justification.

This is a simple concept.

Lets use another example:

A preamble is a brief introduction to a speech, like the Preamble to the Constitution that starts out "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union...do ordain and establish this Constitution."

Preamble comes from the Latin praeambulus which means "walking before." And that's what a preamble does — it "walks" before a speech, often explaining what's coming. It's like the White Rabbit introducing the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland. Since it goes before a speech, think of it as a pre-ramble. A preamble is usually used for formal documents; you wouldn't include one in a text to your best friend.

Hopefully, you are capable of reading comprehension and can understand how the constitution was constructed.

Now, lets look at the preamble to the US Constitution, the commas and the INTENT. This will be on the test, so pay attention to detail of the use of the subject, the qualifiers and COMMAS.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Breakdown:

"We the people of the United States, ..." "in order to form a more perfect union , .." "establish justice,.." "insure domestic tranquility,..." "provide for the common defense,..." "promote the general welfare,..." "and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity,..." "do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Now, with your backwoods education, NONE of the information that comes after the first comma after "we the people of the United States,.." has anything to do with "WE THE PEOPLE..."

But, in reality, EVERYTHING after the first COMMA QUALIFIES "WE THE PEOPLE..."

Thats what a preamble does. Its sets the tone for the entire meaning of the subject.

Only in the second amendment, do GUN owners want to ignore this premise and ignore not only the PREAMBLE, but ALL THE COMMAS that connect the fragments of the second amendment to the preamble.

It easy to understand why.

The second amendment DOESNT say what gun owners want it to say, so they eliminate the COMMA between the third fragment and the fourth fragment and CREATE a whole new sentence right out of the middle of something else.

NEWFIE did what every other gun owner does... He quotes the second amendment like this:

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

But it doesnt say that in this form, which is a stand alone sentence. Its a fragmented sentence, minus the comma which separates them.

Hopefully, you can understand this simple english concept.

TOS.
Yep........you didn't read my excerpt. Because you don't want the truth. But either way...........

GUNS

ARE

HERE

TO

STAY

Get over it.

Or does this make more sense to you.....

Guns, are, here, to stay. There, is, nothing, you, can, do, about, it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The president lies ! Oh my !!
https://www.nraila.org/news/
Immediately following the forum, CNN shifted to several pundits who offered their analysis of the event. On hand was former Obama administration “Special Advisor for Green Jobs” Van Jones, who, perhaps unintentionally, offered some of the most astute observations of the evening. Jones admitted Obama answered some of the questions “poorly,” later adding that “some of his answers made my skin crawl,” implying that the president does not truly know the issue or understand America’s culture of gun ownership.This is an accurate assessment of the president’s performance, as Obama repeatedly mischaracterized the concerns many Americans have pertaining to their gun rights and cited faulty information to further his arguments.

newfie

https://www.nraila.org/news/
Immediately following the forum, CNN shifted to several pundits who offered their analysis of the event. On hand was former Obama administration “Special Advisor for Green Jobs” Van Jones, who, perhaps unintentionally, offered some of the most astute observations of the evening. Jones admitted Obama answered some of the questions “poorly,” later adding that “some of his answers made my skin crawl,” implying that the president does not truly know the issue or understand America’s culture of gun ownership.This is an accurate assessment of the president’s performance, as Obama repeatedly mischaracterized the concerns many Americans have pertaining to their gun rights and cited faulty information to further his arguments.

I actually respected him for putting himself out there like he did to discuss it.

once he did though I had to wonder if he understood just how weak his answers were.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I actually respected him for putting himself out there like he did to discuss it.

once he did though I had to wonder if he understood just how weak his answers were.
I didn't like the fact that the room was filled with hand picked cronies, the moderator was a sympathizer, and the questions were pre-screened.

That wasn't a town hall, that was a staged event.

More like a commercial.

newfie

I didn't like the fact that the room was filled with hand picked cronies, the moderator was a sympathizer, and the questions were pre-screened.

That wasn't a town hall, that was a staged event.

More like a commercial.

the room also had pro gun supporters in it . Chris kyles widow , the sheriff who brought out the fact that Obama's executive order would not have prevented any of the past shootings, the woman who was raped .It was more then I expected.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
the room also had pro gun supporters in it . Chris kyles widow , the sheriff who brought out the fact that Obama's executive order would not have prevented any of the past shootings, the woman who was raped .It was more then I expected.
Didn't he tell that woman that a gun wouldn't have prevented her being raped?

How would he know that?

newfie

Didn't he tell that woman that a gun wouldn't have prevented her being raped?

How would he know that?

no he talked about making it harder for the rapist to get a gun. and repeated that he was not trying to take her gun away.

he was pretty uncomfortable looking here. he seems to like to hang out with victims of gun violence but I don't think he has ever exposed himself to victims who want the personal protection before.

moreluck

golden ticket member
VcaPITt.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
OK , let's see who can predict the number of 'I' use in tonite's SOTU .
He averages around 75 per one hour's speech .

Or you can take the over / under .

I say over .