Price Increases prior to the holiday season

Observer

Personally I feel it would be better to increase prices AFTER peak. Since a lot of people ship once in awhile - they always ask how much it is by each carrier. Then they pick the cheapest one. What brilliant mind came up with increasing prices now? This will cut into package volume but it will make the holiday more tolerable. Enjoy the holiday.

WTFm8

As a consumer and a small business owner, I use USPS for smalls under 16oz and flat rate, and UPS for anything larger then USPS flat rate boxes.

Refuse to use FedEx based on the driver service in my area placing packages in yard 10’ short of porch or blocking doors. Now being a driver I get to hear other peoples complaints and also see multiple FedEx deliveries.

I shipped over 1000 packages 2016-2017 and had 0 damage claims. From exhaust components to turbochargers. 100% positive feedback on eBay.

It is crazy to compare pricing now vs 3 years ago tho, but 2016 I did have a pretty good discount from the volume and added insurance coverage on most of it.

Indecisi0n

Personally I feel it would be better to increase prices AFTER peak. Since a lot of people ship once in awhile - they always ask how much it is by each carrier. Then they pick the cheapest one. What brilliant mind came up with increasing prices now? This will cut into package volume but it will make the holiday more tolerable. Enjoy the holiday.
Settle down little Billy , UPS has been doing this for a long time. They got this.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Supply and demand, even more of a basic economic concept than inflation. There is a finite supply of carrier capacity. When the demand on a finite resource goes up, so goes the price. All carriers will be at capacity, so the cheapest ones lose out on increased revenues to invest in their infrastructure and expand their capacity. Glad I could help you understand.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
As a consumer and a small business owner, I use USPS for smalls under 16oz and flat rate, and UPS for anything larger then USPS flat rate boxes.

Refuse to use FedEx based on the driver service in my area placing packages in yard 10’ short of porch or blocking doors. Now being a driver I get to hear other peoples complaints and also see multiple FedEx deliveries.

I shipped over 1000 packages 2016-2017 and had 0 damage claims. From exhaust components to turbochargers. 100% positive feedback on eBay.

It is crazy to compare pricing now vs 3 years ago tho, but 2016 I did have a pretty good discount from the volume and added insurance coverage on most of it.
My trailblazer ss needs a turbo kit. Hook it up eśe

WTFm8

My trailblazer ss needs a turbo kit. Hook it up eśe

Was military surplus new old stock. Holset turbos, mostly hx35 with billet wheels and larger turbine housings, a couple hx55, a dozen Borg bht3b, and Detroit blowers. Pacbrake exhaust brakes.