Price's 6th District House Seat in Georgia - Dems look to pick up this seat

Catatonic

Nine Lives
There is a lot of talk that the House seat vacated by Tom Price will be picked up by the Democrats due to Trump backlash.
Tom Price Seat.jpg

Democrat Jon Ossoff (D) currently has a lead in the polls.

I personally think Karen Handel (R) will win.

2012 Romney won over Obama by 20%
2016 Trump won by 1%

This is largely Suburban area.

You may remember her name from 2012:
Top Susan G. Komen official Karen Handel resigns

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dem Ossoff has been advertising heavily.
The Dems are pouring money into his campaign.
They want to use an Dem win here to signify that, even in Georgia, Trump is losing support.

oldngray

nowhere special
Dem Ossoff has been advertising heavily.
The Dems are pouring money into his campaign.
They want to use an Dem win here to signify that, even in Georgia, Trump is losing support.
Price seems to be more of a traditional conservative and to the right of Trump. It probably depends on the demographics of his area. I don't know much about Handel.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Price seems to be more of a traditional conservative and to the right of Trump. It probably depends on the demographics of his area.
That's why everyone is looking at this race.
There are a lot of 'non-Georgia born' voters here.
A lot of Corporate UPSers live in this district.
Above average education and earning compared to other districts in Georgia.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you happy with his job performance so far?
Price?
I don't know anything about his job except it is to get the cost of Healthcare down.
If you are talking about Trump?
I guess.
It's too early to tell.
He's got a lot of things done or tried anyway.

PS - I don't consider the Tweeting and fighting with the Press as part of his job but that stuff, I think, we could do without.
It's too much like going to NYC to me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
why wouldn't I be, he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. The swamp on both sides is making it hard. I'm disappointed in the republican Congress, and the dems
I expected what the Dems are doing ... pretty much the same as Repubs did to Obama.

I am not sure about the Freedom Caucus.

I'm in a 'wait and see' mode.
Politicians lie so much, I just wait until stuff gets done.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I expected what the Dems are doing ... pretty much the same as Repubs did to Obama.

I am not sure about the Freedom Caucus.

I'm in a 'wait and see' mode.
Politicians lie so much, I just wait until stuff gets done.
the health bill was never going to pass the Senate. It was designed solely to figure out which republicans were loyal and who wasn't. It is similar to doing a test run on a new product. Now those opposing republicans are being exposed. Not to mention it was also used to expose ryan.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the health bill was never going to pass the Senate. It was designed solely to figure out which republicans were loyal and who wasn't. It is similar to doing a test run on a new product. Now those opposing republicans are being exposed. Not to mention it was also used to expose ryan.
You'll fit in here very well ... nice job in making stuff up.