Problems with new supervisor.

UPS_Dave

Hello all, I'm new here. :-)

I have a problem with my supervisor. He has been a supervisor for about a month now. We started working at UPS together roughly at the same time. I always thought he was a nice guy but that all changed once he became a supervisor. I've had jerk supervisors before. I have been working for over a year here at UPS. I can ignore/avoid the other jerk supervisors but this one supervisor is always on my case and always watching me.

We work in the smalls sort. The problem is he makes me a floater, I have no permanent job there like everyone else. Everyone else does the same job everyday and stays there for the entire day. I am not the only one who knows how to do all of the different positions, almost everyone is crossed trained on all the different jobs. But I am the only one who works almost every job position in one day.

At the beginning of the day the new supervisor tells me to work in the induct then 10 minutes later tells me to work up front to help the scanners, he watches me for about 15 minutes then tells me that I am scanning wrong. I had the scanner in my right hand but I was supposed to have the scanner in my left hand. I try it his way for about 5 minutes then go back to the right hand because it was faster for me. He tells me to go back to induct, then about 15 minutes later he pulls me out to help him pull bags off the conveyor belt, then when done he tells me to go back to induct. He stands there watching me then he tells me to work faster. I tell him I am doing the best I can. Then 10 minutes later he tells me to go to the bullfrog and work both sides. He walks by and asks me to empty the cart of rejects back onto the belt to go back through the induct. I then return the cart and go back to the bullfrog.

He stands there and watches me while writing on his clipboard. He tells me that he was watching me and writing up a performance report on me and that I was doing a good job keeping busy except that I wasn't wearing gloves which he didn't approve of. He puts me back on induct, then about an hour later tells me to go back to the bullfrog, then he walks by and tells me to work both sides of the bullfrog, I say I already am. He watches me and tells me not to add any more of the empty bags because we were almost done. (which was a lie we had more than an hour left, all of the scanners were still scanning and there were still a lot of full bags in the cage} But I did as he said and stopped adding empty bags. He tells one of the ladies the same thing and she pretty much told him off and tells me that he doesn't know what he's doing.

He does this to me everyday, I try not to take it personally and just go with what he says. I am now thinking of going to the union to complain about him or maybe tell the big manager of the building. He is new and I think it would make him look bad if he already has a complaint on his record.

Is he doing anything against the rules making me go back and forth to different jobs every 5-15 minutes?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

I have a problem with my supervisor. He has been a supervisor for about a month now. We started working at UPS together roughly at the same time. I always thought he was a nice guy but that all changed once he became a supervisor. I've had jerk supervisors before. I have been working for over a year here at UPS. I can ignore/avoid the other jerk supervisors but this one supervisor is always on my case and always watching me.

We work in the smalls sort. The problem is he makes me a floater, I have no permanent job there like everyone else. Everyone else does the same job everyday and stays there for the entire day. I am not the only one who knows how to do all of the different positions, almost everyone is crossed trained on all the different jobs. But I am the only one who works almost every job position in one day.

At the beginning of the day the new supervisor tells me to work in the induct then 10 minutes later tells me to work up front to help the scanners, he watches me for about 15 minutes then tells me that I am scanning wrong. I had the scanner in my right hand but I was supposed to have the scanner in my left hand. I try it his way for about 5 minutes then go back to the right hand because it was faster for me. He tells me to go back to induct, then about 15 minutes later he pulls me out to help him pull bags off the conveyor belt, then when done he tells me to go back to induct. He stands there watching me then he tells me to work faster. I tell him I am doing the best I can. Then 10 minutes later he tells me to go to the bullfrog and work both sides. He walks by and asks me to empty the cart of rejects back onto the belt to go back through the induct. I then return the cart and go back to the bullfrog.

He stands there and watches me while writing on his clipboard. He tells me that he was watching me and writing up a performance report on me and that I was doing a good job keeping busy except that I wasn't wearing gloves which he didn't approve of. He puts me back on induct, then about an hour later tells me to go back to the bullfrog, then he walks by and tells me to work both sides of the bullfrog, I say I already am. He watches me and tells me not to add any more of the empty bags because we were almost done. (which was a lie we had more than an hour left, all of the scanners were still scanning and there were still a lot of full bags in the cage} But I did as he said and stopped adding empty bags. He tells one of the ladies the same thing and she pretty much told him off and tells me that he doesn't know what he's doing.

He does this to me everyday, I try not to take it personally and just go with what he says. I am now thinking of going to the union to complain about him or maybe tell the big manager of the building. He is new and I think it would make him look bad if he already has a complaint on his record.

Is he doing anything against the rules making me go back and forth to different jobs every 5-15 minutes?
I had a similar situation,except he wasn't riding me.He had a change in attitude though he was now big boss man,he was the laziest and worst loader(but a great kiss ass),as a supervisor he would come to my area and work.I would write his :censored2: up,every time I saw him.He would try to avoid me after that.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Your supervisor has no power , he is useless to the company and your building. He wouldn’t even be able to fire you. Just keep repeating:

I AM WORKING AS FAST AS I CAN , PLEASE STOP HARASSING ME

The louder the better..make me proud!
✊🧔

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Your supervisor has no power , he is useless to the company and your building. He wouldn’t even be able to fire you. Just keep repeating:

✊🧔
Perhaps he could practice at home by writing that 50 times

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

✊🧔
This is great advice and testimony as to what young people aren't learning in high school due to a lack of bullying these days?

UPS_Dave

Why is he pulling bags?
Grieve this everyday
Sometimes when the d-baggers run out of room they make room for themselves by dropping the bags onto the lower belt and we pull them off. Usually around 20 bags. Then when they catch up we put them back on the belt usually towards the end of the day.

UPS_Dave

✊🧔
I'll try this, thanks!

UPS_Dave

What difference does it make scanning with right hand or left hand? 🤔
Well the reason is: the label machine is on the right hand side and the slide with packages is on the left. If I use my right hand to scan then that makes me have to pull the label off with my left hand(crossing my body).

I prefer to have my left hand free to pull the packages off the slide closer to me, it is much more of a reach to pull the packages down with my right hand. (also crossing body) So I don't know. 🙃