Professor Cornel West Awakens To The Obama Deception!

wkmac

Great piece by Chris Hedges over at TruthDig

No one grasps this tragic descent better than West, who did 65 campaign events for Obama, believed in the potential for change and was encouraged by the populist rhetoric of the Obama campaign. He now nurses, like many others who placed their faith in Obama, the anguish of the deceived, manipulated and betrayed. He bitterly describes Obama as “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it.”
Even Glenn Ford and the folks at Black Agenda Report are speaking out against Obama as are folks like HardKnock Radio out of Oakland. The African American base that supported Obama is starting to seriously question that continued support which could mean serious trouble if it grows as it's showing signs of doing.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't know, Wk. I'm sure there are plenty of republicans who feel "W" was a sham of a conservative leader. How else to describe an unfunded prescription drug plan? Fact is, ideology pushes only so far with respect to the presidency and as a nation we find ourselves doomed to the middle and only years later are we able to look back and see just how fortunate we have been in that predicament.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't know, Wk. I'm sure there are plenty of republicans who feel "W" was a sham of a conservative leader. How else to describe an unfunded prescription drug plan? Fact is, ideology pushes only so far with respect to the presidency and as a nation we find ourselves doomed to the middle and only years later are we able to look back and see just how fortunate we have been in that predicament.

I'm sure there will be a huge "shift" of African-American voters over to the Republicans now.

bbsam

Staff member
You will see a shift in the Hollywood support he enjoyed after his comments today on Israel.

Probably not. Obama's remarks about '67 borders "with swaps" is not a provocative idea in Israel and is very close to the deal that Clinton almost had worked out before he left office. But, any good political strategist would bypass the facts and get all he or she could from it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, not anti semitism.........just that Hollywood is probably 80% run by Jews.......that could probably be shown by census.
Spielberg
Ketzenberg
The Marshalls
Same as the garment district or jewelry in N.Y.
Most comedians & comic actors are from Canada...............None of this is racist, it's just the way it is.

Like trying to find a nail salon with no asians........probably impossible!

Nimnim

The Nim
No, not anti semitism.........just that Hollywood is probably 80% run by Jews.......that could probably be shown by census.
Spielberg
Ketzenberg
The Marshalls
Most comedians & comic actors are from Canada...............None of this is racist, it's just the way it is.

Moreluck, you are one... oh I'm sure there's a word for this, but I don't feel like looking it up, stereotyping old biddy.
023.gif

moreluck

golden ticket member
I call 'em like I see 'em !!!

In my neck of the woods, if a modified car goes by and it's a low rider...........I'm betting a grand it's a Hispanic inside.
If I see a short person...far away with a camera around their neck.......probaby a Japanese tourist.

There's nothing mean-spirited about this. Common observational techniques. Now anyone who tells me they never thought about these different things is a liar!!

I thought of another one this morning.....Jackie Mason is probably the only Jewish comic who's a Republican.

Think Jewish comic is racist too?.....why did they call it the "borscht circuit" or Borscht Belt where they played ?? That refers to Sullivan, Orange & Ulster Counties where the now defunct summer vacation spots were located in the Catskills and they catered to Jewsish clientele......places like the one portrayed in Dirty Dancing.

wkmac

Or a 7Eleven not owned by an Indian.

My favorite Blimpie sandwich shop is owned by a couple from India and they've always treated us fantastic. One day I was in the shop and a customer was in conversation with the owner when the customer asked, "How did you come to own a Blimpie Franchise!" The response, "I won the India lottery!" The customer perplexed asked, "what do you mean you won the India lottery?" The owner then explained, "the winner of the India lottery wins a Blimpie franchise and one way airline tickets to America!"

The whole place fell out! True story!

And yes he has a fantastic sense of humor.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Indian reference reminded me.....all of our cigarette/cigar shops around here are owned by them. The one that I used to go to was an Indian couple with the red dots on the foreheads.

They were very nice people too. Like I said, it's just observational and a question that comes up from time to time.....I wonder why all yada yada yada are owned by blah blah ?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Spielberg
Ketzenberg
The Marshalls

None of it is racist, if you're already a racist.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know for a fact that I am not the only person in America who notices this stuff....it's the subject of many comediens and comics. Some people are just anal over the racist thing. I play cards and there is a suit called spades......ooooo I'm a big racist.

I'm sick of every little argument about the Messiah means I'm a racist. He wants to forgive Egypt their 1 billion dollar debt they owe us......I hate that idea.....I'm a racist! He wants to give Egypt an addition billion dollars to help them create jobs....I hate that idea...that makes me a racist!!

As far as I can tell, black folks, white folks, yellow folks, brown folks......all need jobs Here in the USA. Why is the president more worried about jobs in other countries than right here??? (Egypt & Brazil) Don't you at least question that? Or are you so drunk on the kool aid that the messiah can do no wrong? the racist thing is getting old, it's stale and it's a ploy that doesn't work anymore. Try making a legitimate arguement.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know for a fact that I am not the only person in America who notices this stuff....it's the subject of many comediens and comics. Some people are just anal over the racist thing. I play cards and there is a suit called spades......ooooo I'm a big racist.

I'm sick of every little argument about the Messiah means I'm a racist. He wants to forgive Egypt their 1 billion dollar debt they owe us......I hate that idea.....I'm a racist! He wants to give Egypt an addition billion dollars to help them create jobs....I hate that idea...that makes me a racist!!

As far as I can tell, black folks, white folks, yellow folks, brown folks......all need jobs Here in the USA. Why is the president more worried about jobs in other countries than right here??? (Egypt & Brazil) Don't you at least question that? Or are you so drunk on the kool aid that the messiah can do no wrong? the racist thing is getting old, it's stale and it's a ploy that doesn't work anymore. Try making a legitimate arguement.

My very legitimate argument is that your posts, jokes, and general commentary show a racist pattern. How specific do I need to be?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Good for business: 'No speak English - no service' sign leads to restaurant's sales TRIPLING

article-1366901-0B349C3300000578-521_468x234.jpg
Language problems: Greg Simons, owner of the Reedy Creek Diner in Lexington, North Carolina, put up the sign saying: 'No speak English. No service'

It was put up after a group were offended because staff could not speak Spanish.
But Mr Simons said: ‘Everybody's money is green as far as I'm concerned. It’s a communication thing. Nobody here speaks another language other than English.’
In fact, the sign has received so much attention that he has added a list of additional languages and makes photocopies for customers wanting to take one away.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My very legitimate argument is that your posts, jokes, and general commentary show a racist pattern. How specific do I need to be?

Fine, now that I'm clear on that, no need to bring it up again!
AND I won't say "peace" because that would just be insincere.

El Toro poo poo! Noticing the race of another person is not racist, hating that person for their race is regardless of the race. I haven't seen anyone, Moreluck included, that exhibits a hatred for the reason of race. I suspect that you may be a race hate monger.

bbsam

Staff member
El Toro poo poo! Noticing the race of another person is not racist, hating that person for their race is regardless of the race. I haven't seen anyone, Moreluck included, that exhibits a hatred for the reason of race. I suspect that you may be a race hate monger.
That's because Jones and other moderators "clean up" her posts.:happy-very: