PSA turn the volume on your phone off during vacation

KoennenTiger

I got two weeks vacation.

I feel like I've got a lot of years here when I look down and see a horde of early twenties begging at masters tits to get some hours. "hey have you run this guys route? That guys route?" huh no I run my route. Why are you talking to me? Have you run my route?

Guy runs my route. "I killed it dude I bonused twenty minutes!"

Next day every one of my apartments NI1.

I'm an hour over every day

Hmm maybe I should be two hours over and play the nine five dance.

So first Monday my first day of vacation my phone rings. I answer it without looking. Dumb dumb dumb. "hey we really need you to come in"

Wait what just happened to the million seasonals explaining my job to me? "can you come in?"

NO.

That Friday. Phone rings, I'm still too stupid to not worry it's my brother calling me about his daughter my niece, or God the ex wife wanting to pretend I care about anything she says. "Hello?"

Hey.

Hi

"Can you come in today? We're really screwed."

NO

Where's that PVD guy let's bend him over and shove those boxes into his rear end? His Honda Civic can take it no lube he's been bragging for weeks

Woke up yesterday.

Look at my phone before answering.

Center mngr. This time

IGNORE

Throw my phone in the garbage and go back to sleep

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Geez, they don't call me even when I am working.

That's what the texting feature in the DIAD is for.

When they 1st implemented it, the one suggestion from the drivers was they

should be able to text other drivers to exchange misloads, set up meet points, etc.

Now they expect drivers to do it on their personal phone, that they pay for.

Funny how things work....

BlackCat

They really open up a can of worms when they attempt doing this.

If you were to come in on your vacation and your route has been bid for the week, you technically should be a swing driver for the day.