Question about init fees

magikod

Hey everyone just joined here.

quick question

im a PT (they go by seniority for FT positions at my location) unloader.

Last 2 weeks they have been taking out 37.50 for my union initiation fees.
I thought it was once a month?

so im working 18.6 hours at 14$ a hour and getting a 100$ bonus for not missing a day and made 218$ on my check...just curious if this is correct.

thanks for any input i appreciate it

Justaloader

Yep...you'll have that taken out of every paycheck until your initiation fee is paid in full. Then it'll switch to "union dues", and will only be taken at the beginning of the month.

You get a bonus for not missing a day? Damn...your center must be hard up for people.

Waldo

That sounds about right. After about 3 months your initiation fees are paid and it changes to about $10.50 per week.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The $37.50 pays your dues on one of the weeks and the rest goes toward your initiation. I'm not sure what your initiation amount is but once it is paid, you will only have dues taken once a month. Each local has its own formula for dues and initiation so you need to check with your steward.

PT Car Washer

The $37.50 pays your dues on one of the weeks and the rest goes toward your initiation. I'm not sure what your initiation amount is but once it is paid, you will only have dues taken once a month. Each local has its own formula for dues and initiation so you need to check with your steward.
The Union takes $24.50 out of my paycheck EVERY week for Union dues. For a PT job.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, some locals charge dues weekly, some monthly. And bonus is not guaranteed by the contract, so that's all UPS. While it is nice to have, they can take it away whenever they like.