Question about Shipment Status

help_questions

Hey everyone.

This is my first post, and I am hoping that someone can answer my question.

I am expecting a shipment this coming week, and the shipping detail has been changed, and now says :
" Your package is in the UPS system and has a rescheduled delivery date of ..."

and the Status is: In Transit - Rescheduled

What does this mean?

and why does this happen?

thanks in advance for the help.

drewed

Shankman
well some more detail would be helpful what was the expected del date to what it changed to and wheres it coming from to where its going.
In transit simply means is its been picked up from the shipper, it could have been resheduled for numerous reasons. be patient we ll get it to ya on time

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Hey everyone.

I am expecting a shipment this coming week, and the shipping detail has been changed, and now says :

What does this mean?

Did the package arrive at your local center or hub?

If so then it was held for some reason then scanned as "delivery rescheduled" by a clerk, and it'll be on a truck monday if the package is at your local center.

Not much detail to go any further though

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In Transit-Rescheduled could be the result of several different things. Normally this happens because the shipper has completed the label and downloaded the information to UPS but has yet to physically hand the pkg to one of our employees. When he prepared the label it generated a scheduled delivery date based upon the pkg entering our system on the same day, so a delay in getting the pkg to us will of course result in a delayed, or rescheduled, delivery date. This is the most common cause for a rescheduled delivery date. Other causes may include a delay in transit (rare) and a delay in the center, which could be caused by problems with the address on the label to the pkg being left behind in the bldg to the pkg being left on the pkg car by the driver.

I would bet that the shipper did not get the pkg to us in a timely manner and this was the reason behind the rescheduled delivery date.

outamyway

I can tell you first hand one reason why.

I have shipped a few things out using the online system. When filling out all the info you are not given an option of which day you are going to drop it off.(if you're going to schedule a pick up it may be different) So If I printed the label out mid day Monday, but did not drop it off until Tuesday, the system has already determined that I was going to drop it off Monday and a scheduled guaranteed delivery date has already been set. So, after it is scanned and it is in the system a new delivery date is scheduled.

This can also happen if a feeder gets stuck in weather. I know that one from experience too. There may be a few other reasons.

pretzel_man

Hey everyone.

What does this mean?

Here are a couple of ways (I believe)...

The first way is that a shipper uploaded the data to UPS on one day, but didn't actually send the package until a different day.

The delivery day was originally "scheduled" based on when we got the electronic data. The delivery day was "rescheduled" based on when we actually got the package.

A second is that a pacakge was misdirected internally within UPS.

Lets say a package was supposed to go from Florida to Dallas, but a UPS employee acidentally sent it to Chicago. When it was found in Chicago, the date of delivery gets rescheduled based on the time from Chicago to Dallas.

If we had the details of the shipment we could answer better. If you click that link, the answer may be more clear.

P-Man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The most common reason, as I and several others (P-Man) stated, for the delay was the package data was uploaded to UPS instantly but the pkg did not get in to our system as quickly. The initial delivery date had to be changed because the pkg was not in our system so it was adjusted based upon the origin scan. (Pkg prepared and date uploaded on Monday, pkg not given to driver until Wednesday).

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
An actual tracking number would be nice. Like everyone says, there are a lot of reasons for the message you got. Weather, incorrect address, package picked up the day after the label is printed, I could go on and on. You should get it soon though, I have seen great efforts going into making service on deliveries.