Question for UPS Drivers.

S

smf0605

steelheader69 - it's not who is older, it is whose birthday is first during the year, that is, May is before June .. so that the spouse born in May has the primary insurance and the spouse born in June has the secondary insurance, regardless as to who is older.
But Danny, that should go for the whole family, not just your wife and kids, her insurance should cover you first as well.

D

dannyboy

According to my better half, and she is a section manager at the hospital, each spouses insurance covers the insured as primary. The only reason the birthday issue is in effect is for the dependants. THat gives an even split of how and who's insurance is primary for the kids.

Now if both spouses were born in may, and on the same day, the older spouse would have the primary insurance. This is not just a local thing but is an industry wide accepted practice.

d

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on March 02, 2003)

S

steelheader69

SMF, only said older because of what Danny said. I have no idea. Hmmm, my ex was born in Oct and I was in Dec, so have no idea. And I still have receipts here, both showing Ethix billed first. So, beats me. I'm at a loss, just know my insurance was billed first.

S

steelheader69

They were all her, since she was one pregnant, not me. LOL. I did first part, she did the delivery part.
biggrin.gif
Only thing that involved me was going to the classes, prenatal visits, and being there to help deliver our kids. But DR. didn't touch me.

D

dannyboy

All the glory, with none of the pain?
biggrin.gif

I love fish to, but I raise them and sell them. Too $$ for fishing though.

d