Question

cental34

What tests are you referring to? The test you take in order to be considered for the position or the monthly required tests supervisors have to take?

rngri4

If spelling, punctuation, grammar and sentence structure is on the test you may be in trouble.

It's computer based, and not easy, your use of the English language, and/or butchering makes me agree with Trickpony, because part of the test is a computer report that you type yourself, of course each district may have different tests, that I don't know.

spitt2000

They make you sign tons of confidential forms, so I won't be specific. In my opinion, if you finished high school you should do great. I took the full time sup. tests. Everybody kept telling me how hard it would be, and I was getting worried. After the tests, I was really shocked at the failure rate. Don't worry.

chev

Nightcrawler
If the test is to determine if he is supervisor material I agree, he may be in trouble. However, he definately sounds like he'd make a great Feeder Driver.

:ohmy: Not nice my friend. You may be shocked to find that many feeder drivers have some college education. Most of us were "package humpers" too. I suppose you think feeder drivers are just "big and dumb". Nope, we don't run around like chickens with our heads cut off any more. I don't miss sweating my nads off in a 130degree package car. If anything it makes us smarter for getting away from that horse :censored2: you put up with every day.
Have fun in the "not so big" brown truck. (mine is bigger than yours :P)

Btw, a/c works great.
:laugh:

trickpony1

Chev-
I think Vette is retired management which may explain a number of things.
He seems to have an affinity (oops! I used a big word) for feeder drivers.
The irony of his statement is I probably have as many, if not more, college hours then he does and, yes, I have a degree plus some.
I agree with you. Some of us were/are smart enough to get out of that package car.

ups_vette

I often wondered why someone with a "degree plus some" isn't workng in the field of their degree. Perhaps the degree is in a field that is of little value, and that makes me wonder why someone would choise that field in the first place. Then again, maybe the person with that "degree plus some" is at the lower end of the scale in that degree and can not find employment in that field because others with higher skills in that field are the first to be hired. One also has to wonder why someone would spend the time and money to recieve a college education in a particular field only to determine afterwards that what they thought they wanted wasn't right for them. I know the road of life has many twists and turns and some don't know what they want till later in life., but the majority of sucessful people know early on in life, and work to reach their goal.

It's not the level of education, it's the education level that determins one's ability to reach their goals in life.

Some get out of the hump and dump life of being a delivery driver and trade driving the little truck for driving a big truck A few get out of the hump and dump life of being a delivery driver and help shapen the future of the company.

JustAnotherBody

vette..
didnt u see the post a few months ago about how few people work in the field their degree is in....

u should pound some nails into a baseball bat and go get those idiots who are not working in the field of their degree. what a bunch of idiots. man o man. their lifes are nothing. they are dumb. they deserve to get hit with your bat of nails.. we should all stop and think what would vette do before we make any decision.

ps. how come kids from the lower end of my high school class (this one kid actually graduated with the class below me he was so smart) are supervisors at ups now? perhaps they could not "find employment in that field because others with higher skills in that field are the first to be hired"
so since smarter people got the better jobs they had to settle for managment at ups. says alot about all of our managers past, presents and future. I wonder how these clowns i went to school with will shape the company.... pretty scary.

trickpony1

JustAnotherBody-
I couldn't have said it better myself.
It seems many of our management people are helping shape the future of companies other than "ours" while I'm still driving my truck.
Will I retire to a $250,000 home and have 2-3 million in stock? Probably not, but I will have my health, my marriage and my happiness.

chev

Nightcrawler
I often wondered why someone with a "degree plus some" isn't workng in the field of their degree. Perhaps the degree is in a field that is of little value, and that makes me wonder why someone would choise that field in the first place. Then again, maybe the person with that "degree plus some" is at the lower end of the scale in that degree and can not find employment in that field because others with higher skills in that field are the first to be hired. One also has to wonder why someone would spend the time and money to recieve a college education in a particular field only to determine afterwards that what they thought they wanted wasn't right for them. I know the road of life has many twists and turns and some don't know what they want till later in life., but the majority of sucessful people know early on in life, and work to reach their goal.

It's not the level of education, it's the education level that determins one's ability to reach their goals in life.

Some get out of the hump and dump life of being a delivery driver and trade driving the little truck for driving a big truck A few get out of the hump and dump life of being a delivery driver and help shapen the future of the company.

Could be that some enjoy driving a truck for a living and not actually being "married" to the company like so many supervisors I know. There is more to life than work. I don't, and never will "bleed brown". Family comes first. Yes, I have an education in architectural engineering. I feel I am an educated person that chose not to stay in that field. I got a lot more from school than just engineering. I would never "advance" to management because I just can't tow the company line. Too much back stabbing and A** kissing for me.

That is BS about getting out of the truck to help shapen the future of the company. Are you saying the backbone (employees) do nothing to help shape this company? Maybe management should stuff sales leads where the sun does not shine.

Last edited: