Question!!

bichota6996

Hello,
I've been working for UPS for 2 years now. I've always heard that you cannot miss any days during peak season or you can be terminated. Does this also apply if you have to go out of town to take care of an ill family member and miss about 4 days of work?

trotsky

Hello,
I've been working for UPS for 2 years now. I've always heard that you cannot miss any days during peak season or you can be terminated. Does this also apply if you have to go out of town to take care of an ill family member and miss about 4 days of work?
What does your ft supe say?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hello,
Nope. You can call out sick during peak just like any other time of year. They won't like it, but there's no special rule about firing you for missing days during peak. If you need to take care of a family member you might want to apply for fmla.

Up In Smoke

Hello,
No, apply for intermittent FMLA and remove all doubt.

AccidentProne

I was just told last week if you're late one day in the week, you do not get peak pay for that week. So you can imagine my anger when I found that out Thursday and I was one min late Tuesday. I checked my check that week and noticed they lied to me, some friends I have.

bichota6996

Nope. You can call out sick during peak just like any other time of year. They won't like it, but there's no special rule about firing you for missing days during peak. If you need to take care of a family member you might want to apply for fmla.
Do you know how I can apply for film? Also, will it require a medical certification? My family member is in Mexico and I will be taking care of her in her house.

iruhnman630

Do you know how I can apply for film? Also, will it require a medical certification? My family member is in Mexico and I will be taking care of her in her house.
Check with your management team.

It may be on upsers dot com as well.

You will need her doctor's to sign off on it

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How you already know she’s gonna be sick during peak?
Sounds to me like your just trying to get a few days off