Quick quiz: How many states are there in the USA?

diesel96

I don't want to get into a political pissing match with you but....... BHO should get no more slack for his " mis-speaking" than GWB has gotten in the last 8 years. Hell, there has been endless "wide meaningless discussion primarily from the left wingnut faction of the Sphere, over his pronunciation of the word nuclear, which according to the dictionary is as accepted as the way Billary says the word. So maybe others should also "give it a rest".

There you go TRpinki, I'm given your boy(McCain) a free pass and you just can't let it go, can ya ? Was it the phraes "rt wing nut jobs" that grind your gears?. If you google "Obama-57 states" guess what , it's all rt wing blogs and sites that are just ripping him. You say you don't want a pissing match but feel Obama should be scutinize and not McCain, and then revert back to Bush. I don't want a pissing match either but GW pronounses it as nuke-clear

UPS Lifer

HMMMM.... Interesting. Your favorite name for a US presidential candidate is on equal footing with a murderous terrorist. Interesting. /quote]

Great! You picked up on my utter disgust for this guy! I didn't have to say another word. You became outraged and very irritated without me saying anything more than Osama bin Loopy! My feeling is that he needs to earn his strips in the senate. He has no track record. He is all talk! I am sorry, I can look past his charisma.

Soooo. If I upset your delicate sensibilities ... oh well! This is America - "The land of the free and the home of the brave!"

If he becomes president - he will continue to be Osama bin Loopy until he earns my respect! I am not sure he will be able to surround himself with the right people! This also scares me!

Sorry... I guess this is why politics and religion are off limits in most discussions!

i am not about to get into any debates about who should be president. I have made my choice and it isn't Osama. BUT - I also respect your right to vote the way you feel you need to... WHY?? Because this is America and I do respect America and am proud to be the son of a bronze star recipient in WWII and the father of a US Marine who has protected our rights to make the choices we feel we need to make this country better for our children and their children.

So ... thanks for picking up on my feelings and giving me a chance to express them further!

filthpig

Obviously he meant 47 states, with one left to go, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. This was a simple brain fart. Let it go.
Admittingly McCain was also unfairly scrutinze but eventually got a free pass for repeatedly calling Iraq Iran, confusing Shia an Shiite, saying he did not vote for Bush then he did, etc etc. Maybe Obama needs a Joe Liberman-type to whisper in his ear when he mis-speaks.
It’s certainly not a fatal campaign gaffe on Obama’s part, but it makes for some great blogospheric conversation for the Google heads. Expectantly,there’s wide meaningless discussion primarily from the rt wingnut faction of the Sphere.
Obama is a walking brain fart.

UPS Lifer

I'm not voting for Obamma, but why all the fuss of the "expeirience factor" ?????? Bush had no expierience at all except a term as Govenor of Texas. Didn't seem to matter at all to the electorate. Now all of a sudden it's an issue. Why?

You answered your own question - Unlike his dad, GWB had no experience and look what he did to the country. he was the puppet of his vice-president and Carl his chief of staff.

UPS Lifer

I'm no McCain fan, but I would vote for Hitler before I voted for Clinton or Obama.

I would take anybody over Osama bin Loopy. Billary Clinton has the experience and could probably do the job. Other than Bill's moral indiscretions which are extremely embarrassing to the USA did not have a bad track record. I would rely on that to swing things around. There is nothing that infuriates me about Billary. I do question her ability to motivate Congress and get bi-partisanship. WE NEED BI-PARTISAN SUPPORT... if we are going to change this country. Also, Billary really is a power monger. She wants the power. i am not saying this is bad, but it can be a weakness as well as a strength.

McCain is trustworthy and really cares about America. He does not have charisma but his charm is his honesty. He has the respect of congress and can get bi-partisan support to make changes. I think he also listens to what the electorate has to say and does not have an issue following the will of the people.

I really hope that Billary knocks Osama bin Loopy out... (don't think she will) but I am still rooting for her.

Well the fall will prove to be interesting indeed!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It looks like Billary took West Virginia by a wide margin so any hope of her dropping out for the sake of party unity have been put on hold, if only temporarily.

There you go TRpinki, I'm given your boy(McCain) a free pass and you just can't let it go, can ya ? Was it the phraes "rt wing nut jobs" that grind your gears?. If you google "Obama-57 states" guess what , it's all rt wing blogs and sites that are just ripping him. You say you don't want a pissing match but feel Obama should be scutinize and not McCain, and then revert back to Bush. I don't want a pissing match either but GW pronounses it as nuke-clear
Hate to tell you this, but I wasn't ever talking about McCain, BTW he isn't my first choice either.
My one AND ONLY point was and still is, lighten up. If Obama can't stand a little ribbing over mis-spoken words he has way to thin skin to be where he is wanting to be. My "reverting" to Bush is well in context with the subject, probably no one on this planet has received more ribbing than Bush for saying things in a manner that sounds unusual.
I don't want a pissing match either but GW pronounses it as nuke-clear
I bet you knew what he meant.

Average at Best

It looks like Billary took West Virginia by a wide margin so any hope of her dropping out for the sake of party unity have been put on hold, if only temporarily.

Party unity is an interesting term...from what I've been reading online (and everything online is correct), both parties are suffering a crisis right now. The Democrats are tearing themselves apart over Obama versus Hillary, and the Republicans - though secure in their nominee - are losing their younger, traditional base of voters. A lot of conservative Christian right-wingers are drifting away from the Republicans, due to disenchantment over cronyism, war, economy, etc at the hands of the Bush administration. But they aren't drifting over to the Democrat camp. More and more people are floating around, unclaimed by a party, because the two party system tends to polarize issues, now more than ever.

It just shows that the current system is broken and needs fixed. I don't know WHAT the fix is, but I am sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. I am sick of the media getting hung up over stupid stuff, like how Obama pronounced a word wrong, or how Hillary's love of pantsuits affects her standings with older liberal women. I am sick of pandering, muckraking, and tap dancing around the issues.