R.I.P. Billy Mays

moreluck

golden ticket member
O.M.G. !!!:surprised:

William "Billy" D. Mays, Jr. (July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009) was a television direct-response advertisement salesperson most notable for promoting OxiClean, Orange Glo, and other cleaning, home-based, and maintenance products. His distinctive beard and loud sales pitches have made him a recognizable television presence

P

pickup

Re: Billy Mays dead

Just read that Billy Mays was found dead in his home in Tampa.
Been a rough week for celebs.

It would be ironic if he were found dead on the floor poisoned by accidentally inhaling oxyclean

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
OxiClean is nothing more than sodium percarbonate, which is a dry version of peroxide. So you could sniff it all day, and nothing would become of it.

Some people are born to be in sales. HE seemed to enjoy it.

d

P

pickup

OxiClean is nothing more than sodium percarbonate, which is a dry version of peroxide. So you could sniff it all day, and nothing would become of it.

Some people are born to be in sales. HE seemed to enjoy it.

d

You're right on all counts, danny.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks to whoever moved this thread from the UPS discussion. I was trying to put up the news so fast, that I put it in the wrong place. THX.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You are welcome, Moreluck. I was surprised it was in Discussions, my first thought was some kind of Hoax or something.

Not a Billy Mays or Info commercial fan. My remote will get a break, but I do offer condolences to his family.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Wow..Unbelievable, I was just watching an episode of "Pitchmen" and he looked just fine. Look for the Shamwow guy to take his spot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
At least he's documented on camera telling about a bump on his head from the airplane......so maybe he died with what Natasha Richardson died from.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, it was not a head injury, but heart disease.
I never heard of autopsies getting done so quickly. Something is fishy here. I'd ask for a second opinion if I was his spouse, not that I'm attracted to him or anything....Not that there's anything wrong with that.:wink2:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
There are reports that this guy was very very rich. He had a percentage of any infomercial he was in. There's talk he might even be a billionaire.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I was really starting to enjoy his new show pitch men. It was really good. I wonder if something fell from the overhead storage, because he would have had his seat belt on. Just another guy going to early. If a lesson can be learned, enjoy every day as if it is your last. I am just as guilty as most and not doing this but will try to start enjoying more of my life..........

wkmac

I think even Billy would have gotten a laugh out of this

lk0630d3.jpg

and break stride right into an Oxy Clean commercial and never miss a beat.

I wonder if Micheal Jackson caused that ink stain when Peter told him he was at the wrong check-in desk!
:happy-very: