R.I.P. Obama Agenda

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes. Gridlock. Nothing getting done. The right is already back pedalling, lowering expectations. What happened to repealing health care? Ah. But you never really thought that was possible in the first place, did you? LOL. But got the base out to vote. That's the important thing.

Hey, you get it. The first thing Boehner did when asked about the Republican "plan of action" was to back pedal and talk about Obama setting the tone. Mission accomplished....rile-up the Conservatives so they vote and then do nothing of substance. That's the mark of a true politician. All hail the Great Orange One!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Actually, I have no problem with gridlock... that way, nothing can get done
Nothing is great compared to what they were doing. I had my own feelings on Boehner emotionally breaking down, but at least he has the ability to feel, and think.

tourists24

Yes. Gridlock. Nothing getting done. The right is already back pedalling, lowering expectations. What happened to repealing health care? Ah. But you never really thought that was possible in the first place, did you? LOL. But got the base out to vote. That's the important thing.
What base is that BB? you think this is a R thing to what just happened? Cant speak for others,,, but gridlock with the federal government is a good thing (for starters). You want to twist it to D and R... but that isnt exactly about what just happened

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's the day after the election.....even the chosen one got elected in Nov and didn't get sworn in 'til January.

bbsam

Staff member
What base is that BB? you think this is a R thing to what just happened? Cant speak for others,,, but gridlock with the federal government is a good thing (for starters). You want to twist it to D and R... but that isnt exactly about what just happened
You do realize that gridlock keeps health care reform in place, right? It is the law of the land. Gridlock means, yep, Bush tax cuts gonna expire. LOL. You tell me. What exactly just happened?

satellitedriver

We can only hope--listening to his press conference right now--he still doesn't get it. Still saying the same stuff as he did 2 years ago. Pathetic.

Change that Hope.
200 million dollars a day trip for the man to "talk" to the leadership in India.
I can buy a phone card for 3 cents a minute to call anyone in India.
I think the Oval office still can afford a phone in these hard times.
1 billion dollars later, he will be on TV talking about how he is saving the taxpayers money and paving a way to a bright future.
Here is my idea.
National Lottery.
The President keeps his boney behind in the Oval office and uses a soft ware like "Go to Meeting" and can talk to anyone on the planet, for about $19 a month.
The 1 billion dollars saved would be distributed via a tax free lottery.
10,000 people would get $100,000 and this money would go back into the economy as consumer spending.
Consumers spend, producers produce and the economy is stimulated, or the money can be wasted as just another photo op tour by our "caring" President.

Nimnim

The Nim
You do realize that gridlock keeps health care reform in place, right? It is the law of the land. Gridlock means, yep, Bush tax cuts gonna expire. LOL. You tell me. What exactly just happened?

Gridlock may keep health care reform in place, but it will also keep it from being funded. As for the tax cuts, they're set to expire before the new elects are in office so it's still on the dems that have majority to get that done.

bbsam

Staff member
Gridlock may keep health care reform in place, but it will also keep it from being funded. As for the tax cuts, they're set to expire before the new elects are in office so it's still on the dems that have majority to get that done.
Only minor parts can be kept unfunded. For the most mart it's a done deal. As for the tax cuts, with a lame duck congress, the dems are ready to let them expire. Remember, the dems no longer have the conservative wing of their party to worry about, they just lost. So the dems could let the tax cuts expire and force the new Republican held house to agree to more targeted cuts (not for the top 2%) or take no tax cuts at all.

brett636

Only minor parts can be kept unfunded. For the most mart it's a done deal. As for the tax cuts, with a lame duck congress, the dems are ready to let them expire. Remember, the dems no longer have the conservative wing of their party to worry about, they just lost. So the dems could let the tax cuts expire and force the new Republican held house to agree to more targeted cuts (not for the top 2%) or take no tax cuts at all.

Tax revenue correlates more with economic activity, not tax rates

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Darrel-Saperstein,-IL.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Nothing is great compared to what they were doing. I had my own feelings on Boehner emotionally breaking down, but at least he has the ability to feel, and think.

I think his tendency to break down emotionally may be associated with his affinity for alcohol. He's had several crying jags on issues, so this is nothing new. Watch for some interesting info to come out about the alcohol issue when he actually becomes Speaker of the House. For now, nobody is saying anything, but he has a lot in common with the late Ted Kennedy in terms of some of his personal habits....not a good thing. I couldn't stop crying when they handed my baby daughter for the first time, but this guy is ridiculous (and orange).