ralph nader on expectations, the american dream, corporate welfare

rickyb

ralph nader on expectations, the american dream, corporate welfare.

im 2/3rds into it. regarding expectations he compares america to every other developed country. also goes into tax payer money funding large parts of the economy.

this is part 2 of a massive 10 hour lecture ralph did on how you can change america.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
He always reminded me of Pat Paulsen who ran for President as well.

Pat Paulsen.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I also voted for Perot.
If he/she ain't a politician, they have my vote.
I voted for Perot the first time as well.
I vote Libertarian if on ballot and probably 70% Repub if not and 30% Democrat if I vote on that position.
Many times, if there is no Libertarian, I don't vote.

That's all I got to say about that.

Sportello

Banned
I turned 18 in October of that year (1972) off at college so I did not vote.
I had zero political interest at that time.

Sorry, I honestly don't know anything about him or his views.
I was able to vote in the 1972 Presidential election for the first time, as well. I was also able to legally have a drink in a bar. I remember walking in the rain to vote that evening. It was a cold, miserable night, but I could finally vote.

I walked into the voting hall, a protestant church at the time, I think, and proudly cast my vote for Gus Hall. I then proceeded to the nearby Belgium bar for a nice ale and some mussels.

Good times.

rickyb

im reading david cay johnstons free lunch which is on all the ways corporations get subsidies from the government.

theres some major outdoors enthusiasts store and in 3 years since it went public, it got more money in subsidies than it did in profits lol. i think the number was $290 million in 3 years. it got one subsidy from a small town which apparently amounted to the whole government budget for 10 years.

newfie

im reading david cay johnstons free lunch which is on all the ways corporations get subsidies from the government.

theres some major outdoors enthusiasts store and in 3 years since it went public, it got more money in subsidies than it did in profits lol. i think the number was $290 million in 3 years. it got one subsidy from a small town which apparently amounted to the whole government budget for 10 years.

a subsidy as in a monetary award or did you mean a tax break in which they were required to pay less into the government coffers as an incentive for expanding the business and creating additional jobs?