Random drug tests for Obama

over9five

Staff member
As a past cocaine snorter and pothead, I believe Obama (a US Senator and possibly the next President) should be subject to random drug testing.

I am a truck driver, and I have to get randomly tested. Shouldn't an admitted cocaine snorter who wants to be the leader of the free world be drug tested? The American public has the right to know.

Obamas past drug use

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
W was an admitted Cocaine user and drunk.

Was he subjected to these tests in 8 years? Maybe he should have been given the state of the country.

Its a real shame that reality escapes you and you dive in the mud pit with the McCain campaign.

The McCain campaign knows its losing this election BIG TIME, and in fact, many predict it will be a bigger blow-out than when DOLE/KEMP got stomped on in 1996.

This country is in a real shambles, today, our futures are in real TROUBLE at UPS. We all should be paying attention instead of trying to participate in mud slinging.

UPS stock is crashing and our debt is at 10.5 Bil vs 1.5 bil in cash.

This is not a good sign for the immediate future.

We are all concerned, but it appears our focus should be on what directly affects us at the workplace vs an election that is over for the most part.

Rhetoric doesnt get a man elected president.

Its simple math. McCain trails in many states by double digits. In order to win the white house, he would not only have to win the remaining 8 uncommitted states (and hes trailing there by slim margins) but he would have to win states that Obama leads by double digits as well and that "aint" going to happen.

All the "Joe sixpacks" in the USA wont be enough to get this done.

Today, Scott Rassmussen, the FOX news polling company gives Obama a 74% chance of winning this election with less than a month to go.

Thats in line with 100 other polling companies assessments.

Lets start worrying about our jobs and careers at UPS and leave the mud slinging to the McCain campaign.

over9five

Staff member
As I said in my post "possibly the next President".

You're right, the country IS in real shambles. Which is exactly WHY I would want random drug testing for an admitted (former) cocaine snorter if he were to be elected President.

Are you saying random drug testing is a bad thing? Thousands of truck drivers (who are not admitted former cocaine snorters) are tested every day.

There is nothing wrong with truck drivers being tested, and nothing wrong with the Leader of the Free World being tested.

The people have the right to know.

wkmac

Are you saying random drug testing is a bad thing? Thousands of truck drivers (who are not admitted former cocaine snorters) are tested every day.

And do we see thousands of terminations? Nope!

Yes it is a bad thing and the proof is in your very statement. I believe the overwhelming vast majority of UPS drivers play by the rules and don't abuse drugs. However, what in effect you are doing with testing is saying that you are guilty and therefore must submit to proving your innocence because no matter what you've demonstated in the past, no matter what your actions prove, we don't believe you.

Now the economic part. Someone had to foot the bill for all these drug tests which the vast majority prove the driver has not taken any drugs. Now if you did away with the testing, are you saying a large number of your fellow drivers including possibly yourself would automatically go against what they believe now, maybe even on a moral level and start using drugs? Alcohol is freely avaiable and do the vast majority of drivers abuse that? Are you saying the vast majority of UPS drives are in truth irresponsible idiots who have to be herded and corraled to do the right thing? Sorry, of all the drivers I've known over the years I don't buy that lie.

You've accepted the premise that given freedom and liberty, people will always choose in vast numbers that which could or can harm them and those around them. There the gov't must step in with intervention and prevent such chances of harm.

Theft is a problem at UPS so why not subject every employee at the end of his/her shift to a lie detector test to prove he/she did not steal during the workday? Boy, the howls and cries from this crowd if that happened!

But isn't that the kind of thing them liberals do that get you red staters so wound up all the time? How therefore are you any different at the end of the day from them? Look I know you mean well but think things through to a rational point. Hell, we were illrational with acting so fast in fear on this bailout plan and what has it gotten us? Sorry, couldn't resist myself:wink2: but you get the point.

I appreciate your honesty about your past and I admire what and where you are now. It shows real character in my book about you. I also understand the point you made that if a driver has to take a blood test to protect the motoring public, testing any sitting President of for that fact any and all gov't officials seems even moreso important. On one hand I'd almost go along with you on that just to make the gov't live with some more of the nonsense they pass down to us while themselves remaining aloof.

However, the principle of freedom and liberty to choose the moral way is just to overpowering for me. We all make mistakes as humans but I also think if no drug testing took place at UPS, the % of drivers abusing drugs would not increase any noticable degree. Way to many drivers have lives that are not worth risking just to self indulge one's self. I don't ever get testing and back in the 70's I swear I smoked half of Mexico and Columbia plus my drug of choice was LSD. Never had a bad trip either, never got busted, nothing! But I won't touch the stuff today and I'm heavy drinking if I drink 2 or 3 beers a month. I'm a cheap drunk!:happy-very: The fact is, for good or bad I like reality although of late I wonder why? LMAO!!!!!

I could probably get away with a lot but I don't. Now on the flipside, when I retire and am no longer responsible to others so to speak (yes I'm hourly but I still believe I represent UPS 24/7) and I pray to God they legalize marijuana, roll em and smoke em if you got em boys!:wink2:

But until that happens I'm a "just say no!" person.

Let's see how long the moralist among us come rampaging in wanting to force the rest of us to do what they lack the self control to do themselves!

Responsibilty of self is the foundation stone of freedom and liberty and I take that serious.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think everyone should be tested to work, or get welfare.......................
There would be more people employed and a whole lot less on welfare.
Breathalyzer, anhilator, its all the same, and yes, blood or hair test. Im not worried, are you?

satellitedriver

I think everyone should be tested to work, or get welfare.......................
Breathalyzer, anhilator, its all the same, and yes, blood or hair test. Im not worried, are you?
Amen,
I will take any test and pass.
Now, let's test all politicians and see how many are left.

over9five

Staff member
Wkmac is right. I don't believe in every truck driver in America being randomly drug tested.

I AM talking about testing an admitted cocaine snorter and pothead, who if he were to become President, would have his finger on the nuclear trigger. I wouldn't want to have Mr Obama snorting lines in the Oval Office thinking about how much he dislikes Australia or something.

Too important a position, too dangerous a position, to have this sort of person in without some safeguards.

govols019

You smell that?
Wkmac is right. I don't believe in every truck driver in America being randomly drug tested.

I AM talking about testing an admitted cocaine snorter and pothead, who if he were to become President, would have his finger on the nuclear trigger. I wouldn't want to have Mr Obama snorting lines in the Oval Office thinking about how much he dislikes Australia or something.

Too important a position, too dangerous a position, to have this sort of person in without some safeguards.

Again, you give George Bush a pass. Where is your concern about the man that IS the President?

paidslave

We should have all the moderators tested everyday too!