Random thoughts

moreluck

golden ticket member
I can't think of anything that excites a greater sense of childlike wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. ~Bill Bryson~

moreluck

golden ticket member
So Starbucks is closing all their stores for an afternoon of sensitivity training.......will I as a white person still be able to get a cup of coffee or do I have to go to Coffee Bean or Peets now?
I think it's all stupid.......they are ignorant to cops too.
A single isolated incident does not warrant this action . I wish the killing of Kate in SanFran was shown such concern.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm having trouble 'getting' why a company would lose millions of dollars over one isolated incident. Thank goodness I am not a stock holder!!

Do you seriously believe that had this been a couple of young white women who were simply waiting for their friend the result would have been the same?

The "millions" lost would be a drop in the bucket compared to the loss of revenue over an organized boycott.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you seriously believe that had this been a couple of young white women who were simply waiting for their friend the result would have been the same?

The "millions" lost would be a drop in the bucket compared to the loss of revenue over an organized boycott.
A couple of young women wouldn't pull 'tude' and would leave an establishment when asked. You don't boycott what you're hooked on. That's like saying I'm gonna boycott pot.....not happening!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
They did nothing wrong and I don't blame them one bit for having an attitude.
They were told to leave and refused and fussed.

"However, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross defended the arrest of the two black men by his officers, saying that his officers had to act after Starbucks employees at the store called 911 to report a disturbance and trespassing.

According to Ross, the two men repeatedly refused to leave the store despite being politely asked by the Starbucks employees and the police officers. He added that the men were later released after Starbucks said it was no longer interested in prosecuting them."

Restrooms are for paying customers........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They were told to leave and refused and fussed.

"However, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross defended the arrest of the two black men by his officers, saying that his officers had to act after Starbucks employees at the store called 911 to report a disturbance and trespassing.

According to Ross, the two men repeatedly refused to leave the store despite being politely asked by the Starbucks employees and the police officers. He added that the men were later released after Starbucks said it was no longer interested in prosecuting them."

Restrooms are for paying customers........

I use public restrooms whether I buy something or not.

The store manager did not use his/her best judgement and lost his/her job as a result.

This never would have happened had the two individuals been white.

moreluck

golden ticket member

This never would have happened had the two individuals been white.

We'll never know now!! I've seen signs posted that read " restrooms are for paying customers".........why do you suppose the company (any company) spends the $$ to have those signs? You are a service provider and most places are all right with you using their restroom. They want their deliveries.