Record setter

B.Dozer

I was trained on my new route Tuesday and got taken to the office Wednesday morning at start time for walking to slow. I think I have set a new record. I told my new sup that I have been walking the same speed for 40 years and don't think it is going to get any faster now.

rod

Retired 22 years
We always just told them we only had 2 speeds. If they didn't like the one we were using they sure as hell wouldn't like the other one. I once had both my center manager and the DM riding with me. Apparently the center manager was trying to impress the DM and didn't like my walk speed because she kept stepping on my heel. I finally came to a complete stop and told her if she was in that much of a hurry she could go around me. The DM chuckled.

B.Dozer

I surprised they didn't just dump you on the route?
Surprised me also. I think the only reason was that I switched centers in my building and ended up with a sup that would give anything to get me fired even if it would be for only a week or two

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We always just told them we only had 2 speeds. If they didn't like the one we were using they sure as hell wouldn't like the other one. I once had both my center manager and the DM riding with me. Apparently the center manager was trying to impress the DM and didn't like my walk speed because she kept stepping on my heel. I finally came to a complete stop and told her if she was in that much of a hurry she could go around me. The DM chuckled.
Was your center manager sitting in the DM's lap in the jump seat, or the other way around?

rod

Retired 22 years
Was your center manager sitting in the DM's lap in the jump seat, or the other way around?

center manager sat in jump seat. DM stood in back with bulkhead door open. It didn't exactly make for smooth package retrieval waiting for those two to bail out at each stop. .From what I could tell the DM was evaluating the center manager -- not me. The center manager --she was nervous as a whore in church.

Mustacheyouaquestion

60 minute lunch
images (1).jpg