Reference: Customers Wanting to Know Something about Their Packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This thread was established as a reference for members to respond when a UPS customer posts on this site looking for status on their packages and/or shipments.

Suggestion for this thread cosmo1 and content compliments of worldwide:

Your best options are to actually talk to UPS and there are several ways to do this:

1-800-PICK-UPS

UPS (@UPS) on Twitter

UPS

Email UPS

This website is not UPS so you will get a range of opinions on a range of topics but no one will be able to take action on your package to help you.

over9five

Staff member
I think this thread makes it seem that BC is here to help customers with their problems. I don't think its a good idea to provide for this misconception.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Just set the title as this is not a customer help forum and then include the resources in the original post. After all... ambiguous thread titles seem to bother hoaxster so badly...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I thought I would leave this thread open so members can post helpful information.

This thread was the idea of another member and the information was provided by another member.
I simply facilitated the posting and "sticky" of the thread.

Squint

No more work for me!
Slightly off topic...the programs that are in place for the clerks to use that are not offered to the public are extremely good. At the time if the company knew what I did for a friend I'd be fired but to this day I think I did her (my friend) the biggest favor of her life.

She was separated at birth from her sister and both went to foster care. When she turned 18 she was told of her having a sister so she then went on the hunt for her. She looked for 20+ years for her sister with no luck. She even had a cop look for her to no avail. All she had was her name and a region in the United States of where she might be.

I asked my friend what her name was and where (what State) she thought she might be. It took me less than 5 minutes to find her. I even obtained her sister's phone number. To this day, I feel I did the right thing because my friend not only found her sister with my help but she got to see her with a visit soon after that. Her sister, soon after my friends visit, ended up dying from cancer. She thanked me so much for doing what I did for her and it made (still does) me feel good for doing something for her that was so simple for me to do.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If I may suggest, use the Facebook page (facebook.com/ups). I think people would get a better response there.

I don't understand why all the angst whenever someone of the general public wanders in here with a question. Even more, if you aren't going to be helpful why even respond to the thread?

This isn't the FedEx forum; threads won't stick around on the first or even second page for days. There are far too many loads/managers/runners/consignees to complain about.

I actually enjoy the change of pace, rather than the consistent sexual innuendo - filled posts or the whining. It's an opportunity to do what I enjoy doing, over - allowed or not: helping people get the most out of UPS.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
People in my office (full time job ) track UPS all the time and seem to have less problems than with other shippers. When a problem with a shipment happens I know or help them navigate the system by my experience from working @ Brown. I have had competitors call me with questions about their UPS shipments.Looking from the outside with very few exceptions UPS is the best. I know I have been shipping lighting fixtures and equipment for 34 years.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
People in my office (full time job ) track UPS all the time and seem to have less problems than with other shippers. When a problem with a shipment happens I know or help them navigate the system by my experience from working @ Brown. I have had competitors call me with questions about their UPS shipments.Looking from the outside with very few exceptions UPS is the best. I know I have been shipping lighting fixtures and equipment for 34 years.

If your competitors from your day job require your expertise from brown, why not capitalize on it & charge a small fee? Everybody's a consultant these days.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
If your competitors from your day job require your expertise from brown, why not capitalize on it & charge a small fee? Everybody's a consultant these days.
Most of my competitors are buddies.We can all have a beer at the end of the day and be fierce competitors the next. A very small specialized community of lighting people in philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.