Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Know what that reminds me of? When republicans talk about gun laws and say, “We just need to enforce the laws on the books...”

Guess who’s in charge and not doing it.
Empty post unless ... you name a few or one?
Enforce Existing Gun Laws to Reduce Criminal Violence

That was hard. Any republican politician has sucked up to the NRA.

Has gun violence gone down?
DawgGonit Man ... what an ignorant post!
There was nothing in the article you posted a link for that showed how Republicans are not enforcing the law.

It points out that the Obama Administration did not!
Did you mean Democrats aren't?
That would explain Big City gun violence which happens to be run by DimWits.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Gawd Damn Man ... what an ignorant post!
There was nothing in the article you posted a link for that showed how Republicans are not enforcing the law.
The implication has always been that enforcement of existing gun laws would lead to reduced gun violence.

Well? Is it working?

Think before your next ignorant post.

bbsam

Staff member
Poor ole bbsam ...
Pitiful attempt to cover up your totally goofup post!
LOL
Let’s flip the script for you.

Let’s say the Trump administration has indeed been actively enforcing the existing gun control laws.

Has gun violence decreased?

Or has the NRA/GOP coalition been feeding people a load of crap?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The implication has always been that enforcement of existing gun laws would lead to reduced gun violence.

Well? Is it working?

I don't think you got the implication right.

Let’s flip the script for you.

Let’s say the Trump administration has indeed been actively enforcing the existing gun control laws.

Has gun violence decreased?

Or has the NRA/GOP coalition been feeding people a load of crap?
I guess the later but I really don't get your point or even buy into it ... I think.
Gun laws are most effectively enforced at the local level as all laws are.
The crime rate is a societal problem and laws never fix societal problems.
It's just like the drug problem ... except I think the laws are the problem.

bbsam

Staff member
I don't think you got the implication right.

I guess the later but I really don't get your point or even buy into it ... I think.
Gun laws are most effectively enforced at the local level as all laws are.
The crime rate is a societal problem and laws never fix societal problems.
It's just like the drug problem ... except I think the laws are the problem.
So when people voice the desire for gun control to reduce gun violence and the response is just to enforce the ones on the books, the implication is not that enforcement will bring down the rates of gun violence? Then what is the implication

It’s ok. You can say it. The NRA/GOP line has always been BS. You know it. I know it. They know it.

vantexan

Know what that reminds me of? When republicans talk about gun laws and say, “We just need to enforce the laws on the books...”

Guess who’s in charge and not doing it.
What a red herring. Gun laws are local. Guess who has the most restrictive gun laws? Same places that have the most gun violence. Criminals don't obey gun laws. But you want to take away guns from law abiding citizens. I'll go along with that as soon as I see the rich and famous do without armed security.

floridays

Well? Is it working?

I think you are confusing what has been said about enforcing immigration law.

Keep talking, I see you walking right into a trap.

floridays

What a red herring. Gun laws are local. Guess who has the most restrictive gun laws? Same places that have the most gun violence. Criminals don't obey gun laws. But you want to take away guns from law abiding citizens. I'll go along with that as soon as I see the rich and famous do without armed security.
I agree with all you said except the last sentence.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So when people voice the desire for gun control to reduce gun violence and the response is just to enforce the ones on the books, the implication is not that enforcement will bring down the rates of gun violence? Then what is the implication

It’s ok. You can say it. The NRA/GOP line has always been BS. You know it. I know it. They know it.
I'll agree the NRA and GOP and Dims are all full of s:censored2: ... no problem agreeing with that and hardily.
The problem is with our society ... especially in our biggest cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.