Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebrownblob

no disrespect ,and i sincerely mean no disrespect but i cant compare Murdered innocent children to Fast Food.
And I dont buy for a nanosecond that cancer in children is Gods Will or part of Gods Plan.
I remember in my youth being taught that childhood diseases were often to "test" the parent's Faith...........................yeah God seems like a really great guy
I think if you read and understand the Bible in a different way, you will see it wasn’t his plan. But being respectful, (and as a union brother, I definitely respect you) I will say you’re free to believe what you want.

Integrity

Binge Poster
What is the purpose of Prayer?
To me prayer is talking to God, as I understand God.
If God is omnipotent then whatever happens is God's Will and everything goes according to his perfect plan.
I believe God is on His throne over all creation, I believe that God created humanity with free will, I believe mankind’s free will is God’s will and part of His perfect plan.
Praying for God to change is his perfect plan makes that plan seem.......well not so perfect
My experience has been praying to God, as I understand God, can change imperfect man’s imperfect plans . I have experienced it and it and have witnessed it in others.

Have you ever tried to pray?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I always love the "Mysterious Ways" stuff.
Like God sure didnt lift a finger to save those poor innocent children from being murdered in Uvalde,but Boy o Boy does he get MAD when two gay men want a cake made for them.
yes Mysterious Ways
So what would be your desired outcome for the 2 examples you mentioned above?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
no disrespect ,and i sincerely mean no disrespect but i cant compare Murdered innocent children to Fast Food.
And I dont buy for a nanosecond that cancer in children is Gods Will or part of Gods Plan.
I remember in my youth being taught that childhood diseases were often to "test" the parent's Faith...........................yeah God seems like a really great guy
You adamantly and ignorantly attribute to God’s Will, that which is the result of human failings.
God made Eve to propagate with Adam in order to serve others, selflessly. The failure is ours, not God’s.
You would totally resent a parent who intervenes and interferes with everything you attempt, out of a loving desire to protect you. It is no different with God.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Oh i can say in all certainty I;d rather be in "Hell" than in "Heaven" with the Evangelical religious folks. THAT seems like Hell to me

I might be stuck listening to these two :censored2:s talking for all eternity in 'Heaven"

What do you base your decision to judge these men so harshly?

Where do you derive your sense of right and wrong?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Have you suffered difficult loss in your life?

rickyb

Banned
If God is omnipotent then whatever happens is God's Will and everything goes according to his perfect plan.
Praying for God to change is his perfect plan makes that plan seem.......well not so perfect
religion can help change your mind about the world, and change your actions

vantexan

God gives us free will.

newfie

I'm simply stating facts. Pray all you wish,it accomplishes nothing
while all those fake christians spread good cheer and will to mankind i think i counted 71 posts and interactions by you here yesterday some of it pretty hateful. I think i prefer to practice what you call a fake belief system and be part of the good will then to be a non believer focused on delivering a message of hate.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
anyone with a house in vancouver or toronto is a millionaire because of banks increasing debt
Anyone with a fully paid off house, you mean?

Most people borrow significantly, and then don't bother to pay off their mortgage quickly, if at all.
Those "millionaires" may only have $50,000 in actual equity.

Shoot. With the housing market right now, they might be underwater, and owe more than the house could sell for.

rickyb

Banned
Anyone with a fully paid off house, you mean?

Most people borrow significantly, and then don't bother to pay off their mortgage quickly, if at all.
Those "millionaires" may only have $50,000 in actual equity.

Shoot. With the housing market right now, they might be underwater, and owe more than the house could sell for.
yea thats what i mean.

newfie

Ok, i suggest you give away all of your possessions ,give away your house your car all your worldy goods to others.

Then go sit in an Alley and PRAY that God gives you these things back and let us know how well that works out for you.
god does not tell you to give away all of your possessions just don't value them above the important things.
in your case you value your posts here over the important things in life
god also tells us not to throw up tests to challenge his ability to deliver them.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
while all those fake christians spread good cheer and will to mankind i think i counted 71 posts and interactions by you here yesterday some of it pretty hateful. I think i prefer to practice what you call a fake belief system and be part of the good will then to be a non believer focused on delivering a message of hate.
giphy.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.