Reporter needing questions answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous C

I am writing an article for www.policeone.com in reference to the safe driving record of UPS. While I have seen most of the PR stuff that has been put out, I would like to get your thoughts on the issue.

1) Discipline is generally attached to those that have at preventable collisions. What does that discipline usually entail? Does the seriousness of the wreck bring more harsh discipline?

2) Do you feel the yearly safety check ride is sufficient? Is that the reason your company has a superb driving record or does that have to do with something else?

3) I hear from the local drivers here that safety training is given a lot. How often?

Anything else you would like to add? I did register for the site but the confirmation has not arrived and I am on a tight deadline.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You'll have to contact UPS Public relations.
UPS employees can not speak to media.

Didn't know this. Makes sense for drivers but I didn't know it was applicable to all UPS employees. I've never heard of anyone being approached. I'll keep it in mind when a local business writer starts asking me questions about the upcoming contract negotiations. ;) -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward
I am writing an article for www.policeone.com in reference to the safe driving record of UPS. While I have seen most of the PR stuff that has been put out, I would like to get your thoughts on the issue.

1) Discipline is generally attached to those that have at preventable collisions. What does that discipline usually entail? Does the seriousness of the wreck bring more harsh discipline?

2) Do you feel the yearly safety check ride is sufficient? Is that the reason your company has a superb driving record or does that have to do with something else?

3) I hear from the local drivers here that safety training is given a lot. How often?

Anything else you would like to add? I did register for the site but the confirmation has not arrived and I am on a tight deadline.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Sounds like your a wanna be arbitrator! Put the driver back to work!

switchoff

In our center, the first avoidable action will get you a letter of reprimand. The second avoidable accident will get you a few days suspension. And the third accident will get you fired. (all within a year though, since letters are only on file for 1 year) However, thanks to the union, even if you do get terminated, theres a good chance the union will get your job back.

After each accident we get in, a supervisor is suppose to ride with you the next day to go over safe methods and procedures.

We do get an annual safety ride, however I don't gain much from that, in my opinion.

At work, they do stress safety a lot, but I think that is more to keep WCB costs down than them actually caring about our safety. Production is stressed more on a daily basis than being safe.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dont answer these questions seriously! Who knows who this person is, it could be a lawyer building a case aainst another driver. If they want answers and he is a reporter he knows what he must do to get this info.

This site is for us upsers to discuss issues not a question and answer from some outsider!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
In my experience major media organizations always contact the site admin from a legit email address in the domain of their news organization.

I haven't heard a peep from anonymous C...

Status
Not open for further replies.